Snow Plowing Forum banner

NY-Capital District Weather 2012-2013

19K views 260 replies 10 participants last post by  xgiovannix12 
#1 ·
Just thought I would get a current thread started....lets hope there is no October snow this year...but, I'm ready if it comes early!

#102 ·
Then back to the deep freeze

#104 ·
We'll see...

Ecoregion Map World Rectangle Font

#106 ·
Another blown forecast...that "2-4 inches of snow, with some mix turning to rain as temps rose through the 30s overnight" was actually 1 inch of snow to freezing rain and temps dropping through the night, with freezing rain continuing. Everything looked great at 8pm, frozen solid again at 3am. I'll end up using nearly 3x the salt I planned to use for this garbage storm. Thanks weathermen, for F-ing it all up again!

#109 ·
I'm fed up with the unpredicted nightly squalls.

#112 ·
hope it stays that way!!!!

#113 ·
aloe;1585227 said:
it was so windy most it blew away...stayed inside, saved gas
I didn't save any gas, still went and checked, hit the black ice but let the wind and February sun take care of that light dusting.

#115 ·
I wish they'd just freeze over already, enough to salt the seasonals, but not enough to plow the per pushes, I feel like I'm getting screwed twice.

#116 ·
Wake up at 1am, No Snow, wake up 3am No Snow, wake up 5am Just started snowing at 2 inches an hour. 7am calls start, why am i not plowed/salted because it just snowed 6 inches in the last two hours. mean while you go to one of your lots 3 miles away and it has not snowed there at all.

#118 ·
Nice to know...I've been limping my truck through the season and my backup guy looks to be getting a DOT job, was shooting for a new truck this month but hate to pull the trigger on a truck if the season is through

#120 ·
NWS is saying 6-10" is a safe bet as of today

#122 ·
5 hrs ago....****12Z EURO SHOWS HISTORICAL NOREASTER****

12z Euro shows this storm threat for this weekend for New England, showing totals of 30in+ in some areas. NYC is shown at 8in+ while Boston is shown to have 24in+. If 12z euro verifies, this will be a Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale Category 5 snow event

WxSynopsis All global models coming together on this, depicting totals between 3-5ft inland

#123 ·
That model is factoring a second storm for mid next week

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.