Snow Plowing Forum banner

NY-Capital District Weather 2012-2013

19K views 260 replies 10 participants last post by  xgiovannix12 
#1 ·
Just thought I would get a current thread started....lets hope there is no October snow this year...but, I'm ready if it comes early!

#28 ·
I was the only one I saw out...

#30 ·
Plowed and salted...no driveways. Was banking on salt only when I went to bed, got up at 3 and had to mount the plow. It was fun, used way too much salt somehow, guess I gotta shake the cobwebs out. Anyone else get any work?

#33 ·
Typical first storm for me...plow was blocked in so moved cars and miscellaneous junk to hook up, had to fish the plugs out from behind the grille, threw not enough bags of salt in, went out...ran out, ran out of CaCl, came back...more salt, more CaCl, throw the roof light on since it's getting to be traffic time, went back...everything dusted over again, salt again...luckily its only 10 minutes from home...but I felt like a real amateur this morning, my pride is damaged. I built new shields to control my salt spread but I think my pattern is too narrow now, the things you need a storm to figure out I guess. Hope next one goes better!

#35 ·
Go seasonal...and you'll love wearing a tshirt in December!

#36 ·
JTVLandscaping;1532336 said:
Go seasonal...and you'll love wearing a tshirt in December!
yeah...still learning. didnt want to hang myself out to dry if i quoted wrong. have heard guys had a stellar season last year.

I did get on with a larger outfit for driveways & narrow driveways...just waiting for more than a dusting.

#38 ·
aloe;1532358 said:
question for you guys....i did my brakes last oct./nov. well, they are pretty low...i had the plow on from sometime in dec. until early march. i put about 20k on the truck....did the xtra weight of the plow make the brakes wear so quickly??
Plowing puts wear on everything, depends really on how long you drove with the plow on. By the way this weather is rather unpleasant. Accuweather says snow the 19th and 25th but I dont know how much I trust that.

#40 ·
Just be patient...it'll come. Remember 2010-2011 winter, I plowed some minor stuff right before Christmas then from the 26th until Mid February...every Tuesday and every Friday. It can happen but lets hope it doesn't.So happy this morning to get up at 4 and see 38 on the thermometer.That means BACK TO BED!!!

#42 ·
http://www.wxrisk.com/
this guy is a long range forecaster, based out of VA....ive been following him ever since he correctly predicted Sandy, her intensity & he nearly bullseyed the landfall at over 10 days out.

he also seems to be hinting at something around the 18th-24th.....https://www.facebook.com/WxRisk/info

#45 ·
Saturday will bey Christmas shopping day, so hope not

#47 ·
Love the wind...dries everything before it freezes! Damn lake effect snow tomorrow...it's so unpredictable this far east, you never know who will get what, just gotta be ready. Maybe a small salt event for Christmas morning. That'll suck, only because all the radio will play is Christmas music. Pray for rain Wednesday night!

#49 ·
I'd be going to Long Island alone...just to not catch it

#51 ·
Merry Christmas dad! I didn't know what to get you so I gave you the flu. Hope you like it!! NWS says 1-2 inches today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.