1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NW OHIO,SE Michigan, and NE Indiana Rates

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by dbcustoms, Jan 13, 2011.

1. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

I am having trouble figuring out what the areas going rates are, everyone in my area wont say because they dont want to be undercut, but i am trying to find out so i can be competitive and fair, so far i seem to be high on all my bids and other contractors are getting them all, so im just wondering what everyone else in the region is charging so i have a better idea, since none of the local guys are any help.

2. Watkins

Watkins Member

just price it at 45 per man hour and 160 per pickup salter load used.

Not the small truck salters but the large truck bed salters.

3. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

well i dont use a v-box all i got is a tailgate spreader, ive seen for salt everyone seems to be taking their salt cost x3 tp get what they charge for salt, but i guess im looking more for the going rates on the plowing.

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

DB, your far enough away from me, I will help you out. Just PM me, and ask in more detail what your looking for.

5. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

Ok thanks for the help
    PM sent