1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nw meyers super v-2

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jim@esitrucks, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We just got this in...first one off the line...9.5 super v-2...not even listed on meyers website yet

Looks pretty good, we will see how is does
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Meyer plows are so cute. My daughter has a 2005 Big Wheel, do you have a mount & harness for it? :drinkup:

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

no way that bigwheel is an 05 :)
  4. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

What's the price-tag on that bad-boy?

Do they offer it in the pinless power-mount?

Would look great on my 08' F450
  5. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

You know what oman I dont even know yet lol...our sale rep threw it in his truck and brought it to us last week.

I agree gold pro...that bigwheel looks like an 80s model or older
  6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I guess Meyer realized that they didn't need to design from scratch? Certainly looks like the "Original" Diamond V-Plow that came out of Maine back in the 80's with a MD Plus mounting system.

OBTW that Big wheel will need a set of Timbens for this plow application:D
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Saw one in person a few months ago. Find it humorous how Meyer still insists on running 3-5 years behind on their technology from other manufacturers. Anyone who has run a Western, Fisher (whatever) brand vee with the old rubber flap as a center wiper knows they're no fun; which of course is the reason everyone went to formed edges. Yet Meyer releases a "new" plow with a rubber wiper. :rolleyes:
  8. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

sharp looking though
  9. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

I looked at one and ask why they used the rubber in the middle instead of the formed edges. Their answer was..The rubber cleans better, even with the formmed edge you leave a streak, in the middle.

Even Salt Dogghas the formmed edges very much like the Western ones. Has anyone seen the new pump that Meyer is coming out with later this year looks alot like a Western.
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So was it the local dealer or an actual Meyer rep that lied to you?

Yea it's been in the grapevine for a little while now. Certainly hope it's a step in the right direction finally.
  11. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

It was someone that actually works for Meyers. The person that told me that get to add his two cents when Meyers is doing the R&D I just laughed when he told me that. I made the remark about how can western and boss be wrong. The rubber it something like a 9 ply its made from old airplane tires.
  12. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Have a 9'6" ordered. Should be on the truck in less than 2 weeks. They are using a new hydraulics package from Monarch(sp?). Suppose to be a big improvement. Was going to go with a BOSS, but found out it was springs that pull the wings back, not hydraulics. I have gotten myself out of snowbanks by using the plow to push/pull me to many times to give up 50% of that ability.

Happy trails
  13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're heading that way but the Super V doesn't have it. Same style motor/valves/coils as they've been using since the E58's were first released a few years ago.
  14. 76CHEVY

76CHEVY Member

the new one is the E-70 right?? I was told they coming out this year and the V2 was going to be the first plow they are on. i could be wrong the wife say i always am.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Interesting to see the effects of that. Lots of people stay with Meyer because they "Have lots of repair parts" what is going to be the effect of Meyer changing pumps and their repair parts becoming obsolete. Just like mount changes it could be the sales point that precipitates a fleet owner to change brands.
  16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The so called "new" Super V2 uses the same pump unit that the first Super V used....the V-68.

The E70's are currently used for the "out front hydraulics" ie the larger plows on say a 33K 10 wheeler for example that doesn't already have from hydros. Makes the install cheaper and with more options.
  17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's the most important part!
  18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The big wheel is a 92. That was the only year they offered five spoke rears.
  19. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Verified with both the dealer and the Maine Diamond distributors that my Super-V2 9'6" will be installed on my truck using the Monarch pump, not the V-68 pump.

Not trying to cause a war, but these guys I have known for close to 15 years each and they are not going to bulls**t me on something like this.
  20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

A 33k 10 wheeler? :confused: :p