1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NW Indiana Guys

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dfdsuperduty, Feb 19, 2009.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Just so that some of you guys in the area know I have had a huge problem with the Trek Bike store on US 30 and Cline. The guy that owns the property thinks he should be able to pay what he wants not what he is invoiced for. He has told me that of the money that he still owes me that he is not paying anymore because the amount is not what he thinks it should be. So if anyone wants a contract this will be one that will be avail. next year oh ya can't wait to see what his lot looks like when he doesn't get plowed if we get the snow that they are calling for.:realmad::yow!::realmad:

2. valpoguy

valpoguy Member

Is that the place behind VonTobels? who rides bikes anyways

3. dfdsuperduty

Yup I plow Von Tobel's and this guy wanted me to plow his lot off and on when his other plow guy didn't show up due to break downs or whatever for the price I quoted him in Sept. . Like I explained to him no signed contract means its an Emergency Call Out just like if you call your HVAC guy out in middle of the night because your furnace isn't working you will pay more same thing applies

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the heads up.

On a similar note, I'm not sure if we're allowed to put business names on here, but PM me if you want to know it. The guy I've been doing a LOT of sub work for has some very nice accounts. Problem is he doesn't like to pay. I haven't seen a dime for Jan yet and had to beg for Dec. I'm talking 5 trucks worth. I invoice him biweekly, and that's long for subs. I'm used to turning in my hours and having a check the same week. It's sub work, not my accounts, and he can't understand that. It's very unprofessional IMHO. I know for a fact that he still has other guys waiting for Dec payment. I saved his ass is the only reason I got paid when I did. He's doing a good job burning bridges already. It's his first year and probably his last at this rate. One excuse after another, unreal.

Sorry if this is a hijack, just needed to vent!

5. dfdsuperduty

Not a Hi Jack at all I feel that we should be able to give each others a heads up on stuff like this... this way we know bad paying customers almost like a credit check... I know that there is a guy from another site that will post bad customers on his web site.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  6. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

I have my own accounts and I sub for another company as well.

A couple of my accounts are very slow in paying and have been behind
    all season.

The company I sub 2 trucks out to, is running about 3-4 weeks slower
    than normal as well.

I have talked to him and he is having problems with several of his bigger
    accounts, which puts him in a cash flow problem...

So far, I am not worried about it, as long as he keeps sending us some
    amounts, I know he will get us caught up....