1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nuts!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NorthwestPlower1, Aug 18, 2008.

1. NorthwestPlower1

NorthwestPlower1 Member

That is all I can say about the salt situation this year. Illinois used 2 to 3 years of supply last winter. I also heard salt stock piles did not have the quantity they thought due to water run off because the stockpiles were/and still are not covered. Now they are making up for missing salt too. Rumor has it some piles were missing up to 1 million dollars worth of salt way more then they anticipate. This is insane. Do people realize what this is going to do to our taxes. I think all State, County, and City municipalities should change policy to salting intersections only, go to 50/50 salt and sand mix, and embrace liguid technology for 2 years min. Good luck all I have never seen a shortage heading into winter.