1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Numbers way off???

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by M.A.H., Nov 9, 2012.

1. M.A.H.

M.A.H. Junior Member

Just curious to see what some of you would charge for this lot, It's a trucking terminal. I put in a bid and was told my numbers are way off. Maybe they are maybe there not??? Most of my lots are 2-3 acres. Never had a 6+ acres before, so I doubled my price for a 3 acre and added a PITA factor in for all the trailers and cars there. All I know is I'm not dropping a dime off the price, it is what it is. Just want to know how far if any I'm off by in pricing.
    Thanks

1.jpg

2. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

What I would charge and what you can get are 2 different things, we are in the same market as it appears. 2-3 acre is a nice size....the bigger the cheaper is my expierience. Up here maybe 35-40K if you are lucky, not meaning I would do it for that. That price is all inclusive.

3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

Ask to see the last contract then , entertain it from there .

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In your area I'll bet it will go for under 10k

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

My bid is $28,000.00

6. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

$27,500.00 ....Sucker ^^^

7. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I would say between 8 - 10 grand depending on if you have to shovel walkways and entrances

8. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

I assume you have seen the site in person. Are there always that many trucks or is there a large turn over where you go back and. Clean out? Could be a lot of work.... Doesn't mean higher price.

9. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

I would be at $55k

10. M.A.H.

M.A.H. Junior Member

:eek:

There is always traffic in and out, never know what is going to be sitting there at any time.

We are in the same ball park, I came up with 52K.

11. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

There just being cheap then. Its not that hard to do being rectangle like that but its still a lot of equipment and man hours. This isnt the winter for bidding just to get work. The good news is it will be up to bid next year or maybe next month. So just hang in there.

12. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

My quick and rough numbers put it at $38,500.00. Seems really low. Am I missing something??
    Figure on many return trips.
    Are you salting it too????

13. Spool it up

in this economy for a 6'' storm ........ 2 trucks, 1 loader 3 hrs. ea. & salted . $ 4750.00.
    not bad for a days wage .

14. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sticking to my 10k.Again what you want and what they will pay and what another guy is willing to do it for.

15. M.A.H.

M.A.H. Junior Member

If it goes for 10K they can have it. I'll just have more time to :drinkup: Thumbs Up

16. Spool it up

38k ? are you running a new water main thru the property ? LOL

17. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

are you sure its close to 7 acres? Doesn't look that big but there isn't much to compare either.

18. M.A.H.

M.A.H. Junior Member

Yep it's a little hard to tell how big things are from the picture. The total property is 12 acres(not all of the property is in the picture), minus the grass and buildings it's just under 7 acres of plowable space.

19. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

On a place like this, do you figure your total plowing area as the outer perimeter of the asphalt or do you figure the plowing area is at the front of parked trailers? And are you to plow open trailer spaces?

20. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

If the lot is empty all the way how much would you plow? That is the answer to your question....