1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Number one plow snowplowers perfer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowman1984, Jan 3, 2010.

Whats the number on plow, plowers perfer

1. Western

2. Boss

3. Fisher

4. Meyer

1. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

Whats the number one plow snowplowers perfer

1. Western

2. Boss

3. Fisher

4. Meyer
  2. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Ran all four and i prefer western. Just me tho
  3. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

my first plow will be a fisher..all my uncles have plowed with fishers and they love 'em.
  4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Mines not on the list.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I run boss. Pretty much everyone does in my area though.

I can see this going south.prsport
  6. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I like my westerns. My old 86 ford that i bought about 5 years ago had a 7'6" western on it since the day it was new and its been used hard every winter until the truck got so rusty i had to retire the truck, but i took the blade welded it to a quick tatch plate and we've been running the plow on the skidloader all year so far, works great. I also love running the new 8'6"mvp on my dodge, and the 8' on my old chevy has held up very well too.

But ive never used anything else... we have great dealer support and ive had great luck so why change?
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Are you trying to decide on what to get? Go with whatever has good dealer support. I run Hiniker and Leo's well 1 Curtis. If I had to switch I'd probably go Boss
  8. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Thats about 99% of what everyone runs here!
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Didn't see your in my area!

Go with western! Just about everyone has there parts and you have alot of dealers to choose from!

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I like Fisher
  11. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Boss is pretty good plow it survive abusive.

Western I would say it ok but western light housing is so flimsy it broke when I trip plow first time in winter. Have 1 problem when plow really heavy wet snow and angle on plow wouldn't stay in position it just angle itself when touch heavy snow.

Meyer I say it alright but have issues with pivot it seem they are prone to crack if hit curb or storm drain hard. But they are cheap so it do job ok.
  12. wewille

wewille Senior Member

You should take your western in for service, ive never had any trouble with the blade not staying in position when pushing heavy wet snow or drifts.
  13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I wish but it not my plow. it Company so I info them tomorrow about that issue.
  14. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I see, it definitly shouldnt be doing that tho, hopefully they take care of it for you.
  15. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I like Westerns. For the amount I've used them, never had any major problems. A few hoses wore, but that's an easy fix if you have an extra.
  16. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Usually the one that's on the snowplowers truck. I would say the Ideal plow would be a trip edge boss v-xt. But it doesn't exist...yet
  17. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I alway's considered meyers way overpriced. I have yet to see a cheap (priced) one.

I have had great luck with older westerns, i have a new one now so we will see how it does but i'm cofendent that it will be fine like all the rest. My local dealer sucks so i order all my parts online. The only local dealer i have that good sells snowdogg, my buddy has one of those and so far has had great succes with it and he is very abusive.
  18. 80sturgisrider

80sturgisrider Member

I, too, have owned them all and by far am much more satisfied with the Boss. Speed, durability, dealer support local. Can't say cost though, cause they are not the cheapest priced, but dependability is worth an awful lot.....especially at 3:30 in the morn.
  19. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

1) WESTERN
    Thats it the others are not even worth the space!
  20. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Well, I run Hinikers....so I'm very fond of them and I've ran a lot of Western, Boss, Meyer's......but since your poll didn't have Hiniker I'd run a Boss if I had no other choice...lots of dealers in the area for Boss and Western...