1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Number of events

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FourDiamond, Mar 21, 2015.

1. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

I was wondering how many snow or ice events some of you have this season? We stand at 31 as of today- November 1, December 6, January 12, February 8, and March 5. Most were less than 5 inch events, and none were greater than 9 inches. There were 5-6 that occurred during rush hour and about half occurred on a weekend.
  2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Think there were 5 events in central Iowa. 1 in November and December, another small in January, 6" after that, then 18 inch storm in February. All together, way below average.
  3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

We went out 26 times like 17 plow able all under 10 inches and rest salting events
  4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

14 for me, one was 36":eek:
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

In the end ,even with that 7 ft snow fall.we;ll end up around normal. About 25 times out.
  6. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Heck... I still might be counting, 3-5 tonight. ( hope the lake effect goes to Buffalo instead of Rochester) lol... GV, About 27 pushes on residential side, 38 pushes Commercial, 56 salt runs. About 20% high on pushes, salt is about 10% high.
  7. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

My numbers are almost identical to Truckitup, except only 22 or 23 residential trips being further south from the Lake.

I am not looking forward to snow overnight. Everytime the wife and I schedule "date night" it snows.....I had big plans with the little one at the grandparents. LOL.
  8. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

Let's hope it snows somewhere else tonight...(Like Buffalo) I have zero enthusiasm to go out tonight. I did hook the plows back up, That way it will not snow. LOL...
  9. grandview

To windy,going east to you guys
  10. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

12 events this year and 12 the year before.
  11. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

i spent a good amount if time getting the truck all rigged up so it probably won't snow now. But I'm actually A little excited to plow maybe one last time
  12. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Last year plow only 26 times, so far this year a whopping 6, and only called in everyone 2 times. All have been light snows, our biggest so far was 3"
  13. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Weird year, no nov or dec events. 4 jan,5 feb and 4 march for a 13 total.60" of snow compared to average 24" or so.Record lw temps for month of feb. I think this may be the most profitable year yet,have to do a quickbooks report.You know it's good when you're too busy/tired/lazy to even go to bank lol

14. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

1 on Thanksgiving day
    3 sanding events in December
    5 in January, which includes a blizzard on the 27th for 24-30 inches.
    9 feb, which includes a day of plowing drifts after the storm
    1 in March, technically 2 but the first one was only a couple inches and I just plowed the roads, the second I did most of my route.

So 16 total, and that is only plowing residentials and private roads. I don't remember how much we have gotten this year but I believe it is well over 100 inches here in Maine. I think last year I probably had 9 or 10 events. I am sure the commercial guys in my area probably have at least double that as we had several small storms, and my driveways have a 3 inch trigger.
  15. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Hey now...

Are those my wife's favorite "potato rolls" ??:D

I use the drive up teller to deposit my checks now. All the years these things were in existence, and I had no idea how wonderful they are. I pull up, type in my info, stick the stack of checks into the machine, it tally's them, prints me up a receipt with the images of the checks on them, and I'm gone..

Amazing piece of technology..
  16. leigh

from CT

Good eye!Your wife has good taste. Martin's potatoe rolls, the best!Thumbs Up
  17. grandview

OK Ty.
  18. leigh

from CT

19. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I use my smart phone to deposit, dont even need to go to the bank.