1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NSBU switch plug, anyone changed one?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pipelayer, Oct 15, 2014.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

I had a wire pull out of the NSBU switch plug on my lb7. the lower plug on the switch the 7 pin connector. I ordered a plug from merchant automotive (awesome place to get your duramax parts from) and the pigtail on the new plug has different color wires, and no real schematic. if I can lower the trans harness enough to cut and splice one at a time, i could do it.wondering if anyone has installed this part in theyre truck and knows which wire goes to where or has a schematic or can help, let me know. thanks.

2. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Why not call Merchant?

3. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

I did, no help on what may be truck side, because I guess colors varied from a few years to the next. I ended up finding a schematic and splicing them the other day.

4. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Glad to hear it. I just had my NSBU replaced and it cost me a fortune because mechanic found that someone put superglue in the connectors.

5. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

What year is your truck, I've heard of later ones actually being factory glued in, a minute with a hair dryer or a few seconds with a heat gun loosens em right up

6. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Mines an 03' and I have heard of that as well but my guy said it was causing a connection issue. Maybe it was the factory glue and it just hardened too much instead of being soft like an electrical glue should? lol