1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NrothMan plow anyone?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Jaw, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

:drinkup: Wyldman Thanks for fixing the picture.. hope it works.

Does any one use NorthMan plow? I see they are just easy to hook up all have to do is drive in and pull the hook then put on the lif chine then you read to go. I am thinking of add some inch to the side of the plow to make it up to 8 half foot. I am sure my truck will push it.

are't there any one here near Omaha Nebraska?
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have seen quite a few Northman plows,and they are built just as well as any other.Very similar to a Western.Parts are expensive though,up here anyways.

The pic looks good,and it does work. :D
  3. pyrocare

pyrocare Junior Member

I just bought the Northman where the whole plow (lights and all) come off by pulling 2 pins and unplugging 4 wires. Their main headquarters is in Sioux City, Iowa which is not that far from you and only 45 minutes from me. I'll try to get some pics of it for you.
  4. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

hey pyrocare,

great to hear from you, the monuts that come with the Northman plow had been damage by the last owner when I buy it, so I did some little repair on it, later it bent down and now I just build a new mounth on my truck that does't hold the snow plow lights.
    I will fix the plow lights later (before it snows) or I dont need to use them much in city, I only just pick up the plow a little I can still use my truck lights but... the other problem is I need to show the turning lights so cars in front of me know what way I am going left or right..

Pyrocare, do you do any snow plow business ? I am't sure how much deep plowing in Omaha I should do, this is only truck I have, I am sure going need to have a back up if I am doing business, so I think I would work with other plow business for now till I build up.. more Plows :bluebounc :redbounce :drinkup:
    maybe we should visit some day!!
  5. micah79

micah79 Senior Member

snow jaw

Nice pic. of truck. One of my trucks looks a lot like yours. (except the color) It is an 89 w-250 4x4 cummins 3 speed auto. (Tough as nails) I wouldn't worry about deep snow too much. A backup truck is a must though if you own your own snow plow business. You could try to meet another plow company in your town and ask them if they would be able to cover your route if you break down. I know of a few new business in my town who do it that way. As long as you can find someone you trust, it would work out pretty well. Maybe another new guy who needs someone to have his back. You guys could help each other? It is nice to know the fellow contractors in your area. You don't have to like all of them but as the saying goes: "Keep your freinds close and your enemies closer". lol I try to keep tabs on what is going on around my town. I have also made buddies with some other local guys. We help each other when we can.

The key to this business is networking (get to know as many business owners and people of local authority that you can).
    I have made contacts on plowsite as well. This is a great place to learn some valuable stuff
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  6. szorno

szorno Senior Member

One of my guys has a Northman on a '75 Chevy. Bought the rig from an old farmer with less than 50 k miles. Plow works great. He is very careful with his maintenance but no trouble at all for 2 years.:) There is a very stong Northman dealer in Denver that has been very good with parts.
  7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I actually am very impressed with the Northman setup. I have some of their literature in my filing cabinet. I like their conventional setup with the safety lift arm that collapses so it does not stick out in front of the truck when the plow is not in use.

8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I have a sub with one & have seen a few others up close. Solid, reliable commercial duty plows.
  9. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

Who's the dealer Scott? I'm pondering a used Northman...
  10. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm from your area. my profile says kc but no one knows where maryville,mo is. btw omaha is a very nice area.
  11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I think I've seen Northman plows for sale in the Northern Tool catalog.