1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NP205 Tailshaft

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by a87ss305, Apr 23, 2001.

1. a87ss305

a87ss305 Junior Member

I would like to use a NP205 transfer case in my current Chev truck buildup. I have read some articles refer to some of the NP series transfer cases as having a rear slip yoke and some having a fixed yoke with a slip driveshaft. Which does the NP205 use? I have read that the fixed yoke style is better. If the NP205 uses a slip yoke does anyone make a conversion kit to convert it to a fixed style? I realize this will require driveshaft mods. which doesn't bother me. Thanks Mark
  2. Mudbug44s

Mudbug44s Junior Member

NP 205 Yolk

The NP 205 has a "Fixed" output yolk. I think that the U Joint size is a 1310 (Spicer). It isnt too much of a problem to change them and a good driveline shop such as Reider Racing should be able to help you out. Good Luck,

3. Power mad

Power mad Member
    from Oregon

Hey all
    The 205 in my Blazer has a fixed yolk on the front with a cv-joint.
    The rear output shaft has the slip type yoke.
    See ya