1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NOW you can plow every season!! LOOK!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by xll_VIPER_llx, Oct 21, 2009.

1. xll_VIPER_llx

xll_VIPER_llx Senior Member

2. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

Wow. I dont think I would ever try that!!
    Hurt the truck, damage the plow, bust a ram....! Geez.
    I am going to have to say this is a pretty hillbilly invention that is trying to be turned into a marketable item.
  3. xll_VIPER_llx

xll_VIPER_llx Senior Member

Exactly what i was thinking as well when i watched it...... snow is at least slippery but gravel would chew the hell out of the cutter blade and god knows what else. But i guess on the other hand you cant knock it till ya try it??
  4. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Sure, but I, for one, will not be trying it. They'll sell them though, there's plenty of a$$es for that seat! :rolleyes:
  5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

That looks ridiculous. It looks flimsy as hell and I wonder how many they went through to make that video.
  6. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

And if you ever used it on an existing plow setup. Dont forget to drill those holes in your moldboard to mount it.
  7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Funny, the natural reaction for a snowplow is to trip on the heavy stuff. Well that plow is always going to try and trip against those out riggers and eventually will push themselves into the moldboard. How long do you think it will be before your moldboard is bent?
  8. FISHER2000

FISHER2000 Junior Member

Junk lol for sure
  9. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Thats why there are dozers...

The guy that bought my old plow truck bought it with the intention of grading a very long gravel driveway. Not to plow snow??? He said it was cheaper for him to buy my truck, use it to push around the bluestone, and then sell it and recoup the cost. I said good luck, heres the title, and dont call me if you break anything...
    Try and make a shortcut will only cost you more in the end...
  10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I think that's the last thing I would do with my plow.
  11. topdj

topdj Senior Member

try that with crusher run stone :)
  12. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

puts the john deere high speed dozer to shame that right there does
  13. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I like how the wheels are turned, but the truck is going straight from all the resistance. Good for the truck there. I am placing an order tomorrow. Much cheaper than a bull dozer or bob cat for grading new lawns.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

you city slickers need to live in the country,because we that live in the country have long driveways usually and almost always have dirt, this is really cool for us to have, my buddies driveway is 2000' from the road, to get electric to it he gave up a paved road for now, but it also leads to a custom built log cabin , so he has to maintain a limestone drive to wear his pavement begins, this will work good, it's a work truck and we work them harder than this anyway,

and if you know what your drive is composed of it is alot easier than going thru boulder fields, and the wheels won't hold up either

i would want a bar for my drawtite that would prescratch the dirt i think, like a rake imo
  15. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I've seen this thing before. no way jose. That thing would destroymy nice yellow paint!
  16. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

its an interesting idea, and it DOES work. but its severely under-engineered and I would venture to say that almost anyone who this tool would be marketed to would own a tractor and they probably already have a dozer blade for it.

and yeah, it would destroy my purty paint, and that ain't gonna work!!
  17. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I've pushed gravel with my plow before LOL!! Neighbor had a tandem load dumped, and the jackazz did'nt spread it down the drive, he just piled it smack in the middle of the driveway...fricken tool. Luckily i still had the plows out and not stored away so mounted up quick and spread the bulk of it around for him to save his old back from shovel and wheelbarrowing it. Took a quick thumb on the control to try and maintain half way consistant grade but was no wear as good as what we coulda done with the skidder LOL!!

I would'nt make a habit of it, but it served the purpose and gave me something to do for a few mintues.:cool:
  18. SPD

SPD Inactive

Did you see guys how great of job it does on a nice flat surface that does not need to be graded? LOL

Who grades a drive that is that flat?
  19. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

also that dirt looks like it was freshily spread it was still fluffy. idk most of the dirt roads ive been on are just as hard as pavement with rocks sticking up. ya this is a horrible idea
  20. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I already ordered one for my VXT, I figure I can stack the extra dirt this way......YEAH RIGHT!!!