1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

now the plug failed

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by g.moore, Jun 4, 2008.

1. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Put the blade on over the weekend to help a neighbor move the horse crap around in his pen and it powers up, left, right and down force will drop it but just down has no effect unless you wiggle the connector. I am considering just putting a 7 way round and a 4 way round in (need 9 pins so will have 2 left over). I absolutely hate the twist lock connector on it now, can't work it with gloves on and it freezes constantly so I have to whack it with a hammer to free it enough to unplug. Basher, do you see any problem with running the 7way and 4 way? I intend to put low draw connections on the 4way, keeping the high draw for the 7 way.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why not use a 9 pin connector? SW used one before the Deutsch connector they used on your plow (which can be a pain). Cole-Hurst makes a nice 9 pin steel connector they use on tractor trailer applications and the older Airstreams.

Did you check to see if maybe a pin came loose in the plug?

3. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

I knew you'd come up with something better! The plastic surrounding the female pins is cracking and chipping away which is allowing the female end to slide back into the connector when the male (plow) end is plugged in. Since this has happened it has given me a reason to dump that twist lock POS and go with something more glove and mitten friendly. I will definately look into the Cole-Hurst plug, would be alot easier having 1 plug rather than 2.
    Thanks again Baser.

4. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

OK, Basher. Spent probably 4 hours hunting for the Cole-Hurst connector with no luck. Any site's you could send me to?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

So the one's you stock are the same as the one's from the Airstream dealer? Hell, if that's the case I'll just call you on Mon rather than dealing with an unknown, your service is top notch so I'd rather give you the $$.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:blush2::eek: