1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Now that's pushing power ....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by manwoaplow, Jan 27, 2005.

1. manwoaplow

manwoaplow Junior Member

Excerpt from a local news story .....

HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. (AP) - A snow plow operator near Binghamton may have been thinking "take this car and shove it" the other day.

Authorities say Daniel "Boots" Rogers was arrested after he allegedly pushed a parked car 80 feet through a convenience store parking lot and buried it in snow. Police say the 1993 Chevy -- which had been left in the lot with the store owner's O-K -- wound up buried in "copious amounts of snow" at the lot in Harpursville, 15 miles east of Binghamton.

After the vehicle was shoveled out, the owner discovered damage to the passenger side doors. Police say the 23-year-old Rogers told them he "needed to move the vehicle" to complete the plowing job and that he believed his actions were justified. But police disagreed with the plow operator's methods.

He was charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief and ordered to appear in town court"

I wonder what this guy plows with? This guy actually did what so many of us would like to sometimes do.
  2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I am guessing he might have used a front end loader then covered it. Thats my guess.
  3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

glad to see this guy does not work for me but love the idea about moving the car :nono:
  4. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

Now THAT is funny.

5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

This guy is my hero :nod:

We have all said a one point that we would do this, and so far this is the only guy I know that actually did. :p

* We need to find this guy and get him on Plow Site. Or is he all ready ??????
  6. aees115

aees115 Member

best thing i heard all day

i have people that park in the middle of a lot when they see i am trying to clear it then you ask them to move they get all mad and give you a weird look and walk away. this guys actions i think are very justified. i guess that day was the day he clicked and he moved the car himself
  7. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Our big storm few weeks ago I pull in to a 5 acre parking lot at 2.00 AM and low and behold somebody is parked not on the side closest to the building, but right square in the middle. That park job cost the building owners three times as much money to plow, as I get paid by the hour. What do some people have in their heads?????? Yes the temptation to shove it to the end of the lot and bury it did come into my head. Then I realized it was triple hours now on this lot. payup
  8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Should put the owner of the car in a plow truck, in a strip mall in the middle of the day, then they will realize why the plow driver did what he did.

If i had a nickel for every idiot in my way while i was trying to plow, i would be rich.
  9. Mr.PLOWSI

Mr.PLOWSI Member

Thats funny, haha, I was about to do that in one of my small parking lots. a stupid honda civic right smack in the middle of the parking lot. I was 1 foot away from the car thinking if i could move it 20 feet i can clean the rest of the lot and then wouldn't u know, a girl ran out of the office and gave me the dirtiest look :nono: , and she got in and moved it. 30 seconds and i would of done it, whew,

10. CyberJay

CyberJay Junior Member

We moved an abandoned car with a tire loader once. Kinda did a little damage too it. Somehow the bucket came down on the roof? I dunno how that happened exactly.

Nothing bad ever happened. It was a real crapper. I'd never condone that with a working car.

11. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I have piled snow around cars before , newer pushed the car away. I have 1 lot that people would park in and leave their car because they dont plow the neighborhood . I piled the snow 8 feet high and 10 feet deep in front of them at the request of the property owner . Naturally the cops were called and the owner of the building told the cop , are the cars damaged? They arent supposed to be parked there , and thats the place we always put the snow . If the guy wants his car the loader is $ 250 per hour with a 4 hour minimum and due to liability he may not shovel or bring in any equipment on my property. Yes he paid in advance and got the car 3 days later
  12. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Now that's the way to do it. Have you seen that car again? I rest your case.
  13. DeereGuy

DeereGuy Senior Member

I've been wondering a lot lately just how fast I would have to go in order to flip over the Mini Cooper that parks next to me so close that I have to go out the passenger door. Of course I would have to lift the plow just at the right moment... This is probably how it started for him. I'd better be careful.

Actually I've gotten past that and figured that if I did a wrap around the body with my big tow strap and some cushions, I could flip her over in a snow storm with very little damage. Until the snow melts..
  14. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Hope he's got this in his contract ....

"Contractor assumes no responsibility for vehicles parked illegally or in areas that the contractor has stated to the Customer to be in a location that causes a hazard or impedes performance of our work."
  15. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Lol, we need that guy to help us out when we plow Wal-Mart.

<marquee scroll=indefinate behavior=alternate width=50%>He could just push'em back and forth.</marquee>

Til we get the lot cleared anyways.
  16. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Plow in car

We had a man who parked his car in a shopping center parking lot. He came out and bitched out a female driver about plowing snow around his car. The girl started to cry and the other drivers saw this. The next time it snowed 2 of the 3 drivers stopped me and said. "Dave you remember that drunk that made Kathy cry last plow? well we plowed in his car." I looked around and saw no car plowed in but I did see a large pile of snow. The car was completely covered. This was pictured in the Akron Beacon Journal. When spring came the drunk reclaimed his car. With open window and all.
    He never caused any more problems. The drivers were told we do not do this kind of thing. They had extra money in there pay for taking care of business.
    This is a true story.
  17. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

This last weekend i had the oppurtunity to plow in a car. A ultimate eletronics i plow had an employees car there and it didnt run and they had told him for months to move it and i talked to the owner and told him it would be plowed in if it wasnt moved and he said Quote "burry the POS" unquote so i did. I dont think he though it would get burried as much as it did tho but i piled about 5 feet of snow on top of it when it was all said and done. Im suprised the windows havent givin in lol. Everyone i know would just like to plow in a car but now i can say i have lol. :D
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  18. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I love that. "Misdemeanor criminal mischief". Translation: There's actually no law against what you've done but we've come up with this totally non-specific euphemism so we can charge you with something just to bust your ba!!s. What a crock. Now, I can see if there was damage to the car vandalism or destruction of property would apply. Gotta love cops. They can see six sides to every situation and twelve ways to stick it up your a$$ for it. And what's worse is that most of them are guilty of more stuff than most of us have even thought of doing.
    Personally, I've never buried anyone; I always end up digging them out with my plow. So far anyway. I'm not going to say I'm beyond being tempted to stack around some bozo's car if I had a good enough reason to. Anyone ever just go over to the house of someone you can't stand at 3am and bury their car to get even or send a message? I've thought about it but I know my luck and I'd have John Q. Law banging on my door about it for sure. Funny how some guys can pull outrageous stunts on a regular basis and get away clean, but the guy who plays it straight all the time slips just once and Whamo!, they're on you like a cheap suit. :rolleyes:
  19. Tim Baden

Tim Baden Member

A friend of mine plows a school with a loader.
    This car was sitting right where he all ways piles the snow so he covered the car totaly then to make sure those people got the picture he ran a garden hose out to the pile and watered it down
    the temp was 5 above so you know it froze solid.
    Never had a car park there again.LOL