1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Now I have seen everything

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mjmstaff, Jan 5, 2004.

1. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

I was out plowing today and I can't believe how stupid some people are ( or cheap). I was driving down a main street and I seen a guy at a used appliance shop plowing his own lot. Now I would not of believed it unless I seen it for my self but he was using a old freezer strapped to his bumper for a plow. I stopped and told him I would give him a good rate from now on if he wanted to save him self the trouble of doing. He asked how much so I told him $40.00 (Small lot) and he said the freezer was free. I called my wife on the phone and told her empty out the freezer in the back room and strap that baby to the jeep and come and help me make some $$. Well, to make a long story short she didn't think it was funny. I guess you had to see it and be a plower to understand it.

2. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Next time it snows see if you can take a picture for us to laugh at! :D
    In the spring does it double as a bed insert?

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Gotta see a picture of that.:)

4. SNOWPIMP

SNOWPIMP Member

Someone like that needs a sign so you know not to waste your time talking to them! If wanna be a ***** call the EPA and tell them what he was doing and you are positive you seen Freon spewing out of it when he ramed the pile!

5. stackitslamit

stackitslamit Junior Member

maybe he has some laundry detergent he is thinking about uses as a deicing agent in the back room with the rest of the appliances

6. cantoo

cantoo PlowSite.com Veteran

Darn, I made a pusher out of a water tank you mean I could have made one out of a freezer? Here we have to pay $25 to dispose of old freezers I could just bolt them to old trucks and sell them as an ongoing business.

7. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

i have been a little guilty of this crime:p ...i sometimes plow job sites with a bunk of plywood on my forklift........neccessity is the MOTHER of all invention!:drinkup:
    -Doc-

8. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Well if he is a dealer, then he apparently has good dealer support to fix any problems that might occur, and replacement probably isn't a problem.

9. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

AHHHhhhh :realmad: I just put an old freezer out for the trash,,,who'd a thought !!!!

10. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I'm probably guilty of worse. Would anybody buy "1000 ways to misuse a bobcat"?

11. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

That's funny! But at least not as unsafe as the idiot we saw. I had a flat in my loader. Called my tire guy who came out at 8:00/pm on Sunday. His mobile tire truck has a plow on it. While he and his son are removing the CAT tire & rim, this idiot comes around the corner pulling his kid on a sled behind a big SUV. The kid slid and bounced off the tire guys blade. Some people should not have children...

12. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Philadelphia is home to "skitching" where someone tests Darwins theory by grabbing the bumper of a car (generally you don't know the driver or it's cheating) and gettting dragged around on your boots, 90 degree turns being the biggest test. A sudden stop and a massive muffler burn are also typical skitch prizes/injuries.

13. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

a freezer wow how cheap can a person get. what kind of truck did he have the freezer mounted on?

14. SnAscksdck99

SnAscksdck99 Junior Member

yeah i did that.once i was on the sled too lol :D

15. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

It was about a 80 or 81 Chevy 1/2 ton. The box was removed and he had put a wood flat bed in it.

16. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've done that up through OSU campus back when I was young and dumb. It was fun though. You had to have a couple under your belt first.

17. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Even though that guy is a f------ idiot, I bet that freezer works better than a Snow Bear!:D
    Did he have some way of lifting it off the ground or angling it?:D

18. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Think of the possibilities. If he stood it up he could open the door a bit and have a makeshift v plow! He could tie a rope on it and use it as a sort of backblade for those dead ends! :D

19. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Hey gpin,

I think I might buy that book!:D

Tony

20. mjmstaff

mjmstaff Member

The guy just had it strapped on to his bumper with a couple of car straps. I will think twice the next time I get rid of one. Maybe I will start picking them us as people toss them out and sell them on Ebay as plows.