1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Novice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by wayne2348, Nov 6, 2013.

1. wayne2348

wayne2348 Junior Member

I have a Western plow, Isarmatic Lift Control, Mark 3 Series B. I used it last year and it was ok, but very slow. When I put it on this year it did not respond well. It lifted slowly and I had to drop the blade and re-raise the plow to get it to go side to side. I installed new cables and cleaned out the reservoir and filter. It was still responding slowly. I printed out the manual and was doing some trouble shooting. It recommended I check my fill level so I unscrewed the Allen bolt that I belive was the level control and it burped some air and a little fluid. I rescrewed it back in and tried to raise the plow. It responded quickly, but it will not stay up now? I then suspected that the Allen might be used for some adjustment. Apparently I screwed the Allen head in farther then before, but now I am unable to unscrew the Allen. Can anybody give me some advise?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

ok,,,which allen bolt did you take out? lets start there.

3. wayne2348

wayne2348 Junior Member

Reading through other threads I went to the Western library and relized that allen was for the lift valve adjustment. Now iot appears I turned it in way to far and I am unable to get it out. Is there excess pressure on the allen because I put it in too far?

4. dieselss

Umm maybe. There should be a jam nut holding it in. Have you tried unscrewing it

5. wayne2348

wayne2348 Junior Member

6. The jam nut is located in the back around the allen head
    to control drop adjustment.

You did in fact screw the lift valve in too far. It is made of plastic
    and can be a pain in the ass.

If you cannot unscrew it,because you stripped it, you can try to install a square easy out into the original hex opening but no farther.

if that does not work i would remove the drop valve; loosen the jam nut
    ( the part that Diesel refered to in the earlier post),
    unscrew the valve with hex key.
    It will help some of the "jam" but not all.

Next would be to remove rectangle cover, remove the cable, unscrew the cam holder,i thinks it has 11/16 socket size. remove that and should release all the pressure as far as moving parts go.

The lift valve may be jammed into the housing itself.

Hope this helps,

SPW Tech

www.snowplowpartswarehouse.com

7. dieselss

Maybe page 34. That's what I got

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  8. wayne2348

wayne2348 Junior Member

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try, but I'm not exactly sure what the "cam holder" is you are referring to if it came to that.

9. OK:
    remove rectangle cover
    remove the lift cable out of your way
    remove little lever with flat head screw

the cam holder has the 11/16 socket(i think thats the size)

unscrew that completely, when you get it out, you will see it is eccentric,or cam,or a piece of metal with a bump on it! that little "cam" or "bump"
    fits into like a little torpedo called a shuttle. Its easy it will take you 2 minutes.

Regards,

SPW Tech

www.snowplowpartswarehouse.com

10. wayne2348

wayne2348 Junior Member

great, thanks

11. wayne2348

wayne2348 Junior Member

I ruined the lift valve adjusting screw tryting to remove it with my easy out. I bought a new adjusting screw and installed in the pump turning it in as far as the directions tell me and that is flush with the casting. I put the cam holder back in and all the other pieces. Now the plow won't lift at all I turned the adjusting screw in a little but am nervous to go any further and ens up back where I started. When I put the cam holder back in is it possible for the essentric to be off 180 degrees?