1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

novi 6 head strobe system DEAD

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by camaro 77, Dec 28, 2010.

1. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

so I went to turn on my hide aways sunday before the storm and the whole system is dead the fuse is good I checked the truck out sat before the storm and every thing was working the system has worked great for 5 years with no problems until now anyone have any ideas can one bad bulb shut the whole system down thanks Jeff
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

1 bad bulb will shut down the whole system.
  3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I just had the same thing happen to me too. I checked to make sure I had the proper voltage to the supply√ so I ordered a new(er) power supply and it still did the same thing, so with the help of a few members on here I figured it out! I have a bad cable to one of my strobes! Good luck
  4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Start by checking power and ground. A loose ground can cause you to pull your hair out so check it good. If all thats good unplug all the strobes and then turn on the power supply. Plug in one strobe at a time in outlet 1 and see if it works then unplug it. Do this till you find one that does not work. Let me know how you make out.
  5. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

ok i will try that tomorrow and see what I can find
  6. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

ok I have unplugged all my cables and plugged them back in one at a time and narrowed it down to the L/R reverse strobe so I then unplugged my bulb and plugged every thing else back in and the system is still dead I unplugged that plug from the control pack and the system works normal I looked for a chaffed cable and wiggled that cable under the truck with no change I then wiggled it as best I could from inside under the carpet and it is now working so the cable must be rubbing under the carpet will need to inspect further tomorrow I have a bulb also that only blinks some times and I changed the cable to a cable I have here to see if it would make a difference but it did not can a bulb cause it to blink only some times I dont have a different bulb to test this with or i would have changed it out sorry for the long post anyone around the bellingham ma area have bulb and a cable I would like to rape this all up this weekend if possible