1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Novel plow use, you may like this...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pstutcher, Oct 24, 2008.

1. pstutcher

pstutcher Junior Member

Had a lumber project going on at the house last year and found a pretty cool way to move the logs around. Check it out, whadya think?

pete

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 021.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 050.jpg

Picture 085.jpg

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thats pretty redneck, but it works. Never thought of using a plow motor like that before.

3. pstutcher

pstutcher Junior Member

Redneck wasn't what I was going for, but I cannot argue with you.

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Epic. I think that covers it.

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Brilliant-now if you custom fabbed a set of forks....

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

lol no offense but thats the 1st thing that came into my mind too :D very clever though

7. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

lol that is ingenious. I can only imagine the stress on the pump though?

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

It works, but that is a lot of weight to be picking up there....wesport

9. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

seriously I would have never thought about doing that. good idea tho.

10. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

thats awesome

11. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Looks like a fine bundle of Ash you got there:salute:

12. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I like it. Never done that, but I have used mine to pull fence posts before.

13. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That what I been thought use to pull small stump or fence post but thought it will break front axle.

Will add small tires on snowplow's mount help so it won't stress suspension or axle when lift that?

Can you get video of that? It sure cool see pump push ram to lift logs.

14. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Next year...or maybe this winter i'm planning on making a set of attachments for my plow frame for the off plow season. I already have drawings made up for a set of pallet forks and a front mount trailer hitch to quickly and easily move trailers around using the up/down of the hydraulics. Ive been thinking about some other attachments too but haven't really decided what others i would like to make! Might as well use the plow in the off season if you can! :)

15. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Nice! Back in the day I used the fully hydro fisher setup on my old blazer to bring home a few rears from the salvage yard, then brought an engine from the yard to the machine shop. Boy did I get some looks!!! And some laughs! Way to think outside the box!

16. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

always wondered if anyone has used the plow pump for other things other then lifting the plow

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

So what are you making with all that freshly milled wood? :)

18. pstutcher

pstutcher Junior Member

Used it to build stalls for my wife's horse barn. Trees were from my property. Yes, KCB, they're ash - killed by the emerald ash borer we have here in michigan. It'll wipe them all out eventually. I'll post some pics of them when I get a chance...

19. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Find an old A-frame that fits your set-up and put a ball on the pivot point... We have a Jeep at work with a Meyer frame and have a set-up like this to move trailers around. It's sweet and with a Jeep, you can put a trailer anywhere you want with ease...

20. yearground

yearground Member
    from muskoka

NICE TRUCK NICE MILL. Both still good for years I bet.