1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nova Scotia winter 2010/11

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by BigG, Nov 21, 2011.

1. BigG

BigG Member

One of the 1st times I plowed the driveway at my new home, with my new plow setup.

I got home from work the night before after the snow stopped
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I find people exagerate WAY too much when it comes to how much snow LOL
    [​IMG]

2. BigG

BigG Member

[​IMG]

I was getting pretty good at banking the snow, but I'd often go too far and once I raised the blade I'd sink in and be stuck. I'll try backing up before raising this year.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dlnimsy

dlnimsy Senior Member

off to nice start. Where abouts are you? I have family near Antigonish. Made a trip up into the Highlands this past summer, nice area.

4. BigG

BigG Member

Thanks bud. I'm in Grand Lake. It's near the halifax international airport.

Here's my plow partner. She was 6 months in this pic. She liked it, but I think at a year and a half she'll love it this winter.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  5. Nice to see another Nova Scotian on here.tymusic

6. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

Headin to Nova Scotia Thursday After getting my plowing done Wednesday.... My Wife is from the Annapolis Valley : )

7. We are experiencing our first storm of the season, 40+ cm's of the white stuff today.Thumbs Up

8. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

we got about 8" down here in the lower valley.

9. samjr

samjr Senior Member

TOO WET just like cement Long night payup

10. F150dash

F150dash Member

If this is our winter preview it looks like it`s gonna be a busy one. We got about 25 to 30cms here. Was nice and fluffy last night but was cement this morning. We need some frost in the ground though, hard on the lawns if u get off the drives.

11. samjr

samjr Senior Member

A vid from my iphone

Try to get to the can. The boys pushed all the snow in front of it.This was in Burnside Dartmouth payup

http://youtu.be/IobF7hZiDAU

12. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

What machine are you running there? I thought you were going to back drag the snow off the dumpster in the end!

13. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Cat

Cat 2010 420E tymusic

14. what a great start to the season here in halifax!! 30cm... 3 long days of plowing = $$$$ :)

15. great white

great white Member
    from Canada

Heck, I've been away from home so long I'm just enjoying reading the name of places I remember so well....