1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nov 20-22 NORTHEAST significant snowstorm?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by cjasonbr, Nov 12, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

yeah. i was looking at accuweather earlier.
    I try not to put much faith in it though because its still a ways out and the predictions get worse the further away they are.
    It would be nice to have a little snow..:)

3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

that would be nice, maybe at least a salting event here? But that's still just over a week away.

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks nice if it shifted about 50 miles west, but i would not hold me breath! The gfs model long range is horrible! The 00z run will prob not even have the storm!:cry:

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

soo wheres that map timmy:confused:

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

That model run does not start until 1030, and that storm is around hr200 so around 1100pm

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

thatd be great. looks like CT would be getting bombed. except the around the 20th ill still be doing cleanups...oh well :D

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Perhaps you should have not went on vacation!:rolleyes: If that storm came tru, and took that track none of us would get snow. Its to far off shore. It would be a blizzard for the fish!

9. 06HD BOSS

im confused...because the map shows "snowstorm" over our area? what track are you talking about

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Dave the green is preciep, look threw the blue! Do you see any green preciep over you? The light green is close to us, but that is just .1 of a inch. Which in return is a few flurries for the shore line!

11. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

That same storm is something I hinted about hitting us about the same time in the Ohio winter thread. Model runs are all over the place on this storm Wait until Sat and Sun and look at the models again.

12. 06HD BOSS

hmmm yeah i guess i see that now. ive always heard there has to be a minimum of 6" predicted for it to be called a "snowstorm". im not planning for anything, so whatever happens, happens

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thats criteria for weather alerts...i believe my area 1-5 is a winter weather advisory event, and 6 or more is a winter storm warning!

14. captfudd

captfudd Member

Highly doubtful this will happen especially with the ocean still being in the upper 50's, give it a couple more weeks after some colder air has been around to cool things off and then send this our way and it's game on! :redbounce

15. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

"4. I placed an area of snow across the Great Lakes into the East on the long range. The big story will be how cold it will get next week. Another round of lake-effect snow will occur. The question becomes, can we get the coastal storm to form and throw snow back into the cold air? The models yesterday had the storm, but have backed off. Okay, so that's the normal way things work. I still think the trough will dig in and become negative tilted, which will lead to a storm develop off of Virginia. That storms will pull northeast and it will snow all the way down to the I-95 corridor. That's not hype, it is just the possibility of what I see happening."

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=meteomadness

16. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

it had better not snow! we've still got thousands of $$ worth of fall cleanups to do, i'm still down a truck, still have to get people to sign-off the new service agreements and stake all the drives! Better get my arse in gear here.

17. 06HD BOSS

yeah man! get off the computer and get going! :D

18. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

No way we need two more weeks to finish clean-ups

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

1989, we pushed 8 inches Thanksgiving day. Water was to warm, ground tempature to high, it snowed anyway.:D

20. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

lol

i agree but who knows round here