1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Notice to all 08 + superduty owners

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by XplowX, Jan 1, 2010.

1. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

If your truck has the plastic chrome covers on the steel wheels, beware, this morning one of mine came off and went through a cars windshield. and come to find out the other three covers were all lose and the only thing holding them on were the wheel weights. I cant wait to see my dealer on saturday.
  2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

How is this held on ? Aren't they pushed on similar to the way a car hub cap is?
  3. XplowX

XplowX Junior Member

Looks like they used adhesive to put them on but, the back side on the cover is chromed so it wont adhere very well. the worst thing about this is i had the wheels replaced once already because the rusted really bad. i know they actually changed the wheels when they did this because i was talking to the mechanic while he was doing this.
  4. 350guy

350guy Member

they have like pressure clamps thats something with whoever put them on. i have had these sense 2005 and they are tight. you need a screw driver to pry them off. same with my dads 2008.
  5. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

This could be way out in left field, but could your dealer have only replaced the cover portion - not the whole wheel? I say that becasue we have one truck in our fleet with that style wheel and we've never had any problem with them. In fact, they're not supposed to come off - period. If your dealer did replace only the covers and super glued them on (or something similar), I could see one or more coming off as you stated. Just a thought.