1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nothing works

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by snow man 0311, Nov 22, 2011.

1. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

Has anyone had this problem on their chevy ? My drivers door nothing works window , lock ,door light nothing ...Checke fuses there good got a new drivers door module and had the dealer program it and the tech said that the ddm is not comunicating with the bcm .Now I got this truck in june and drove it around a little bit and the drivers door always worked before .Everything works on the passengerside , he also said I was missing a plug on the harness that goes into the fuse block .Any help would be great....need to roll that window down.

2. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, everytime it gets wet - even from high humidity. Eventually dries out and works again

3. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I had an interesting issue come up. I had the computer set to unlock the doors when I shift into park. In my haste,several times I was already opening the door handle before the computer unlocked the door.
    This caused the door to be unopenable. hitting the door unlock button and even pulling up the knob lock would not unlock the door. Had to get out the passenger side. After a while it would work again. I switched the computer setting so the doors unlock when I remove the key. So far so good.
    Evidently if the door handle is up when the electric unlock is hit, something mechanicalgets slightly offset.

4. damian

damian Senior Member

time to get a wire diagram,remove the ddm and make sure you have power and grounds,ive had wires broken between the door and body. the fact that you have no comunication to the bcm tells me the ddm is missing a power or ground.

5. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

Thanks I'll have to try that .The dealer gave me the wiring diagram for the power ad grounds .

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There's the problem

7. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

X2
    I've seen this happen. Its just like taking a straight paper clip and bending it back and forth until it breaks. Happens mostly on older vehicles but I suppose if the door has been opened and closed more than normal, it could happen on a newer vehicle