1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nothing like picking up accounts mid season!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Camden, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I sure had a great day. A restaurant manager approached me while having lunch in her establishment this afternoon and asked why I never put a quote in to do her snow removal.

I told her that I did and that she never called me back so I just moved on. She insists that she never got it but whatever. She goes on to tell me that she's disappointed with her current service provider and that she refused to sign his contract this year because of his track record with her. So he is just working on a storm by storm basis. (Who would do that???)

Here's where it gets good...the woman says, "You don't even have to beat his price, you just have to show up on time and do a good job". Talk about music to my ears!!! I said that I'd re-print my quote from earlier and I'd fax it over by tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll end up getting it which will put me at my absolute max amount of accounts for this year. payup
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

look at who you are talking bout. obvy this guy does bad business and is just clinging to whatever contracts he has left. and you best be raising your price from what you gave her before (even if she doessnt know the first quote) because now your in the drivers seat and she wants your service not the othr way around. mo
  3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

good for you!:)
  4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

let us know how it goes.
  5. AlaskaShooTer

AlaskaShooTer Member

Free Lunch

Nothing like getting paid to have lunch. :nod:

Twisp, WA
  6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Awesome! Good for you!

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Now you could get rid of the PITA account (red,white&blue)xysport Just check how far they want the snow pushed over the curbs:p
  8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Believe me...question #1 was "Do you want the snow stacked in the same place it is now?". I won't be going through that again :salute:

And yeah, I wish more now than ever that I could get rid of my contract with "essay" :realmad: