1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nothing is better than...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jan 30, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

being out plowing all night and come home and none of your customers called for plowing. To me it means I did a good job and everybody is happy. Just my opinion.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

The only call I got was from a guy who snowblow'ed his driveway before I got there, two full hours before the customers come/open for business. Called afterwards to ask if I was still in business with the slow winter.

Answer: Well, I was still in business last week when I plowed your driveway, why would I be gone now?

Some people are just dumb.
  3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

congrats how many accounts do you have?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I do 13 parking lots,but they open at different times so it's not to bad. It seems like the last 3 snows we had they start at 3:00am and stop at 6:00am ,oh well.
  5. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Had someone call in the middle of a 4" snowfall where I was. If I didn't get there He was going to drop me. Told him I would get his final bill out.:dizzy: There wasn't even 2" on the ground yet.
  6. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

i do small lots 70/110 $ per push (not including salt) and i have 13 of them,.and have got only one call all year maybe i've got them trained..now that i bragged i'm going to get 13 calls tomorrow ,and fired by all
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

That's usually the way it goes.

I do 15-18 accounts and was going to say something, but they're talking snow Thursday night to Friday morning, so it'll probably be one of those that snows from 3 am to 6 am, then clear, bright blue skies when all of the businesses open, so that no one realizes you've only been plowing for 1-2 hours.
  8. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I have 2 big parking lots, 2 storage units, & 2 drives that I do on my way home when I'm all done. 6 hours, 3 hours, & 20/20 on the other 2. It doesn't sound like much, but the two lots have to be done before the daycares open up. :dizzy: Plus, they want me to keep putting down de-icer until the snow/ice is GONE!!! payup
  9. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I haven't gotten a call all year. But Then I Haven't Had Any Snow All Year!!