1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

nother question for JD

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cretebaby, Sep 12, 2008.

1. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

when you run ag tractors do you need the duals or do you run them because it is easier than taking them off

2. cretebaby

bbuummpp..

3. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i think shooting him a pm might work better

4. cretebaby

i figued he didnt miss anything

5. cretebaby

plus i found a thread with all of jd's tractors and i think i answered my own question

nice line up JD i would be happy to have enough work to keep one of those rigs busy

6. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

You definatley don't need duals on an AG tactor, it's just a PITA to take them off if they are axle duals. Snap-on style are pretty easy and come off in 20 mins. You can, however, position the inner and outer rears as narrow as possible. This way you can run larger blade without having to take them off.

-mike

7. cretebaby

thats what i figured

thanks

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Axle duals are easy to take off also, but with the a 16 ft blade on the front of our big Case, we have lots of room with the duals on. We also leave the duals on our one loader because if we have to load snow, it makes the tractor basically impossible to flip over. The narrower your tractor is, the easier it is to plow though.