1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not too many posts lately

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TrailK10, Nov 20, 2002.

1. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

I've been noticing there haven't been too many posts in the past few days maybe thats a good sign and shows the chevys really are like a rock.

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

no every body is too busy bringing them to the shop to get fixed like me.

3. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

too busy out looking at new fords.

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Cat320, that was an awful thing to say. :D Mike :waving:

5. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

Hehe, mine 84 K-10 is actaully in the in shop now needs an alignment and passernger side rear cab mount.

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well i'm on my 3rd injection pump now plus the brakes stop so wonderful on this truck NOT ,i'm with paul looking at new fords

7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hey, i dont blame you. Just pullin your leg a little. You know how i feel about 03s anyway, so if your in the market for a new truck anyhow, i dont blame you for checking out the F250-F350s. My personal favorite is a regular cab F350 with the high suspension, X springs, and the chrome wheels with the little circle cut outs and black wall tires, not white lettered tires on the F350, just my preference. Ok so i told you what i liked, now go get it for me, hahaha. Mike :D

8. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Funny Mike you just described the truck i like And most definatly black walls.

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Good minds think alike, or something like that. :drinkup: Mike

10. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Picking up another new Chevy Friday.

11. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Broke the drivers side door handle on my 98 last week, still covered by warranty. The white metal broke in a v shape around the lock area. To much torque from lifting the handle, and pulling the door open. Other than that the truck has been pretty good lately. had new tires installed for the winter, and when they went to aligne, found the lower ball joints were bad. So I had the dealer install new ones, and the alignment is included with that service. Had the truck serviced by my local mech. for the winter, fluids belts and the like.
    I have to say that even with the 6.5 I have had few problems with the truck no more so than my friends fords or dodges.
    I have 70K on it now, and I have done the front brakes 2x, right now they are 50%, and the rear I just had done at 68K. Rotors are fine and have never been turned. It is a beast in the snow, the G-80 locker works great, even on muddy work sites, I hardly need 4wd.
    My 89 K-30 with the 454 is also a monster, that truck owes me nothing. The 84 K-20 I have also is great. 110K plowing miles and still going strong.
    I still think chevies are the best, the 03's are just plain ugly tho. And all makes are way over priced these days.
    Dino

12. TRUP

TRUP Member

Being an employee of FoMoCo, I'm pleased to see some interest in our Kentucky-made products. I can't afford to purchase a new Ford, but luckily some of you can. I stick with jalopies like my K20. That way, theres no disappointment when I find that my limited-slip diff is actually an all-slip diff. Or when my V10 blows-up just after the warranty expires. Or when at approximately 70k miles, the clutch goes in all of my manual tranny Ford's.
    Have fun shopping.

13. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Posts Lately

Very slow on the Dodge site also.

14. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Give me one or two more days, thats when I start working on my trucks again. I had to take a break after all the problems I had with my Suburban and Sierra. Maybe the Jimmys will not need much work.

CGB:D

15. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

There, see? The drouight is all your fault. You should have come on here and asked about alignments and cab mounts before you took it in, and we could have all told you to take it in to your local shop. :D

16. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

Hehe Good point.

17. sorry..........
    but I found it funny too.... but then again I am a Ford GRRL