1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not Time To Put Plows Away

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

I don't put my plow away till mid May, you never know what might happen this time year. May first year plowing 3 year ago I wemt out on my last push in April. Keep it ready,and not to far from truck. :salute:

I wount say what the NWS says for the week of 7th:drinkup:

Tim C Let It Snow!!!!!
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

My plow is redy for hook up untl the end of april!! Although i do not think we will be getting any more snow.
  3. cja1987

They just said on the news that it may snow sunday night, but its going to be 60 on sat! The ground, especially the roads, are alredy way too warm to accept any snow. Whatever we get if any should melt on contact.
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Mine's ready to hook up year round.:nod:
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i heard the northeast might have something for tues night wed
  6. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I'm with THE BOSS, Mine is ready anytime:)
  7. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

The FREAKING National Weather Service!!!!!
    They are such plow teases!!
    It's almost like, no matter when you look at the forcast, there's always snow about 4 or 5 days out, and then as it get's closer it turns to rain or clouds. It seems like there has been a consistent forcast of snow within the next week the whole winter, and it hasn't snowed in weeks.

Just don't tell it's going to snow, and I won't be upset when it doesn't!

8. blk94fiveoh

blk94fiveoh Junior Member
    from MN

8-10 inches *forecasted* for here tomorrow ;)
  9. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We have 4-6 inches forcast for here tonight, starting right now outside but supposed to get 1-2 inches of rain tomorrow as well. We will get out and push what we can on our chargeable contracts
  10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I still say you can't forcast the weather accurately more that 3 days in advance.
    I too noticed that all this month snow would be in the forcast for the weekend as the week started. As the week advanced the snow retreated! This is the worst Febuary I have ever seen! I went out once this month on the 7th. I will be lucky to fill the gas tanks and do a full - fluid/filter change on what I made last month!
    It's 66 degrees out right now, heard my first Robin this morning, springs not far off.
  11. cja1987

could get some snow sunday night, but i don't think it will accumlate. I love snow but winters over, its spring it came early this year, this was not the best season for plowing. Unless something really drastic happens, thats the way that one went lets all hope for a better season next year.