1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

not the same pricing ?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by PSDF350, Aug 4, 2004.

1. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

i have read alot of good pricing stratigies. but i have a question. alot of you folks charge x amount up to like 12" then alittle more like on micks whos pricing and area is more like mine. he charges x amount x2 to 12" then 1 dollar an inch after that, thats great if you only get a few more inches but what happens when you get 2"-3' becuae around here we get alot of 12" storms some 2' foot storms and yes we even get 3'. like 3 years ago we got 2 in about a 3 week period. so i am just wondering how you charge for something like that? becuase thats alot of extra work and wear and tear but not much extra pay compared to a 12" storm.
    hope that makes sense.

2. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

Charge for an 18" storm 2.5x, 24in storm 3x and keep going up .5x for every 6 inches. I agree $1 an inch is crazy.

3. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

thanks pat! i would love to be able to do that. i just dont know how that would fly around here (very rurual). becuase we get several over 12" storms up to about 18". i'm going to have to figuire this out.

4. rainair

rainair Senior Member

I went with $35.00 to show, $1.40 min there after. also have blizzard clause [automatic at 6" called blizzard, and gas price spike @ 2.00 a gal 10% added plus the tax!
    salt not included in price sidewalks @$20.00 minim

5. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

no way i could call 6" a blizzard here we get many storms of 8-18"
    a dusting around here is 2". thanks though. the 1.40 a minute sounds good.