1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not sure what its worth

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by srl28, Mar 27, 2013.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thinking of selling the plow that I had on my personal/work truck. I have boss and western plows now and our local Boss dealer recently gave up the boss line, only have a DD dealer nearby now unfortunately. I bought this plow brand new and was the only one to use it, always stored inside and always washed after every storm. Recently changed the power and 13pin plugs and wiring on both sides. Take a look at the pics, I know it's obviously not the best time to be selling a plow but I could use the cash for a few other things and would rather it not sit here. Truck its on may be sold soon anyways and I'll probably have to switch to Western or make the trip 45miles to the next Boss dealer. What do you think this ones worth, just the plow side

boss1.jpg

boss2.jpg

2. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Forgot to mention it is 3 years old, original cutting edge but its not super terrible

3. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

What did it cost knew?

4. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Don't remember exactly what I paid, but I have seen them listed recently for $5000.00-5,500.00 new give or take.

5. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

5500 for a new straight blade? I paid 6400 for a 9'2 vxt installed last year

6. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Not that it's the best source but I just checked some dealers on eBay who have them listed and they were all $5500.00

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If its 3 years old its probably worth about 3.

8. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thats about what I was figuring. Saw one locally for sale in similar condition for $3500. That seemed a touch too high. I would be selling just the plow, wiring and mount will stay on the truck in case this truck isnt sold.

9. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

I bought a new Boss Superduty 7-6 last December (12-12) from a dealer for $3600. That plow without wiring or mount is $2500 tops.

10. scott3430

Somewhere around 3k - maybe a bit less. Your asking price could be 3k, and see as close to that as you can get.

11. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

12. schmocks

schmocks Junior Member

Boss straight blade

Your going to be around $2000 with out the push beam wiring and remote

13. scott3430

This may be a tough time of the year to sell anything to do with snow.

14. dm5.9

dm5.9 Member

Make sure if you buy anything from him you get EVERYTHING all wiring and whatnot, bought a spreader from him about 6 months ago, he still had the wiring on his truck. I said that's fine when you take it off give me a call. Its been about 6 months first he said he was busy and didn't have time to take it off but he would let me know when he got it off, Now he wont respond to text messages, phone calls, pm's on the forum nothing so I am out a 100+ dollar harness. I don't like to call people out on forums but I've given him every chance to make right on the deal we made so I what other ppl not to have the same prolem