1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not Sure What is Bent on my 8'2'' poly V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by luke_willy84, Feb 24, 2008.

1. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

When I fold my plow in the scoop position the right side wing doesn't fold as high as the left wing. Also when I hook my plow up the right pin doesn't seem to spring into place as easy as the driver side. Also unhooking the passenger side pin doesn't pop out like the drivers side. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what I should be looking for that is bent?
  2. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Look for chipped paint on any of the frame work. This is a good sign as to what is bent if anything. My 8'2" V did that last year & I had bent a wing.:cry:
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Bent wing or bent push frame.

Stand behind the plow with it disconnected and on level ground and eye ball the light tower. Is it leaning to one side? Good indication of a bent push frame.
  4. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

on my new XT the push frame bent from a little man hole cover from the plow not tripping in scoop position. when the plow is up the driverside hangs lower, not impressed with this plow at all.
  5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

My 9-2 leans to the right, just like I dress!
  6. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yea, but at least your plow still works correctly. If you would of hit it with a Blizzard it would look like this and not be useable to it's full potential.
    bent blizzard.jpg

Disclaimer: this pic is of maelawncare's truck. The damage was done when he rearended someone, not by hitting a curb or other obstacle while plowing. The speed he was driving at though (20mph) is a speed that is seen by many when plowing, so similiar damage could be caused by such a thing. The views and opinoins expressed in this post are trademark thoughts and opinions of Riola INC and in no way reflects Plowsite's official postion on the matter. Even though they would like it to!

bent blizzard.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  7. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

wow!!!! not good
  8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sounds Like maybe a bent T-frame.
  9. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Ha, didnt think my truck would end up here :p Oh and i t-boned the guy. Bent the A-Frame.
  10. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Really, in the pic it looks like the wing has damage. Did the insurance pay for it?
  11. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

Could be a push frame, but in my experience if you have a bent push frame you've got a bent wing as well. The last set of wings for an 8-2 cost $1400 and the push frame was $350.Just an idea of potential repair costs.