1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not sure how to price job any help would be helpful

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hardlife4765, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Hardlife4765

Hardlife4765 Junior Member
    from 06460

Was asked to price out a plowing job for a commercial property and I'm not a 100% on what the price should be. I measured it out at 12500 S.F. Figure i would plow the snow every 3 inches. no salt maybe 20 feet of sidewalk to shovel. Any ideas?

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite!! The search feature in the upper right corner of the home page will be your best friend. Prices vary from place to place so it is really dependant on your location, what the average is, and what your costs are. Good luck

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

You will receive varying replies to your question. Some may be polite and helpful, others not so much. Plowtoy is correct in saying it's difficult to hive you a price. Varying market prices are the main reason. Good rule of thumb is you can plow an acre an hour per truck. You have about a third of an acre plus walks. So maybe in and out in half hour? Use the search function, hours and hours of informative reading. And welcome :)

4. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

Based on your specs:

My pricing would be:

$65 push
    $75 salt
    $25 shovel

Like the others suggested, spend some hours reading this site...it's amazing how useful the information that you find on here really is.

Welcome.

5. Hardlife4765

Hardlife4765 Junior Member
    from 06460

Thanks guys. Your right there is plenty good info here.

6. olie

olie Junior Member
    from midwest

No less that $5000.00 a push

7. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

3" trigger seems like a good idea but when the owner actually sees 2.5" on the ground hes going to wish it was plowed.