1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

not so fast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The mayor, Mar 12, 2009.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I was going over last years snow falls. We had a huge storm on march 24-25. Thats right 2 days worth. Don't pack it all away quite yet.:)

2. MAGNUM SERVICES

MAGNUM SERVICES Member

I DON'T pack anything away as my Landscape trailer is enclosed and ALWAYS ready to go and my Plow and Salt are here at the house ALWAYS ready to go! :drinkup:

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

There could be more ...Wait until the end of the month....

4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I think we had a storm in april also last year? We havent put anything away.

5. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I for one wouldn't mind a couple more events.......I'm adding another truck for next season and any further income this year is gona be down payment on another truck.......

So let it snow! payup

6. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

well we sure need something around here...

I have plowed snow once.........

7. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

My plows stay on my trucks and sanders until the contract date has expired.;

8. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Still ready here too. Let it snow baby..:waving:

9. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

We are in the transition phase like many.

You can bet we are still ready for anything. (I just hope my subs are :cry: I'm watching your posts :nod: :p :waving:)

10. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I have the plows off, but sitting ready. I have had the mowers and leaf vacuum out already to do a spring clean up. Frost in the morning and 50 degrees during the day. Talk about transition.

I think we will get one more snow, but not so sure anymore if it will be plowable. Hard to say we will have snow when it is suppose to be 69 today and in the 50's the rest of the week.

11. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

I havent even pulld my trailer out yet But that could also be because i hate cutting grass

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Plows and spreaders don't go away until Apr 15.

There's so much frost in the ground in shaded areas, it isn't funny. Pond in front of my house is still completely covered in ice.

Anything can happen or not happen.

13. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Put em away Mark...its over!!! I feel really sorry for the guys that purchased equipment around here this year. 3 pushable events is all we got and supposed to hit 80 degrees today.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My stuff is all washed and ready for storage. Leaving thursday for 9 days in colorado for skiing. :gunsfiring::D

If it's like last year you'll get a foot of snow while I'm gone.

15. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

There are snowmobile races close to my house this weekend. It is 70 now and in the 50's this weekend. I think it may not happen. To time to wash down everything and pack it ALL away.

16. MBB

MBB Senior Member

april around the27th 1971 or2, around 14" plus drifting. someware about 1988 or9 May 10th 3" course it mostly melted off by noon. Still it made morning rush hour a mess. Got to love WI weather.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

There will be plenty of snow for the races. I was there on sunday and they still had 4-8ft of snow on the ski hill.