1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

not really new but with a new/used truck.. hydro or electric?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mtnzone, May 18, 2008.

1. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

just picked up older ford 450 duelly dump.. totally refurbished and pretty sweet if I must say so.

My other trucks are 1/2 ton gmc 1500 with fisher 7.5 MM and the other is 2500 with 8' fisher MM.

Both are electric

this 450 is totally hydraulic with older 8 foot fisher incredible shape. I want to add a sander to this rig. Hydraulics that run to the back. My question is this..

I have a great deal on electric Sander, but since this has the capabilities for hydro would I be better served with hydro sander??

What are the pro and cons??

Thanks for your help

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

well depend's on what type of system it has for pump and valving will have to find out weather the valve can be tapped into or a section can be added in to power the spreader , i think the valve has to have a power beyond function .take it to a truck equipment shop in your area to have them identify the valve ,and see what it will cost to run the hydraulic's and spreader controls .in the long run full hydraulics will last longer ,and require less maintenance .
  3. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

Thanks Bill,
    THe systems already is all in place for the hydro sander

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would go hydraulic if you have everything in place for it...and it will last longer with less problems.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If everythings there, it's a no brainer.
  6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

yea go for it man ,you will thank your self in the end .ussmileyflag
  7. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

ok with that being said..... i hear they are cheaper... so what am i looking at as far as price for a used hydro sander...? decent shape of course..
  8. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i have not seen one that small before this should make for an interseting bulid up. good luck with it