1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not many E57H threads on here?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by OceanTrvlr, Dec 10, 2008.

1. I'm just curious about the lack of threads here about the 57 series hydraulics. Are there not many people running them or something? Or maybe they just don't have problems? Any thoughts?

2. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

I don't think there's that many of 'em. most people have E47s, or E60s.

3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

According to B&B they are being phased out and now going with the E 58, which he thinks is the better pump.

4. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

I have a 57 that I bought new in 2004 and have never done anything but change the fluid.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And just as an addition to that, the E57's and E60's are both also out of production.

Your only options now as far as new and for a straight blade are the E58H (classic update or EZ-Plus mount) or E78H (for the express mount) and thats it for self contained power packs...everything else is obsolete.

There's still plenty of 57's and 60's floating around dealer stock though if your searching for new..

6. Thanks for the info. So, it sounds like they didn't make the 57's for more than a couple years. I have one and it's been great for a few seasons now.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, the 57's weren't used for very long. And actually neither were the 60's if you look at them in comparison to the 47's. The 47's were around for close to 30 years and some of the components are still used in the most current E58 pump units yet. :nod:

8. jefx

jefx Junior Member

I've got an E58H on my Drive Pro and it feels a bit slow to me, is there anyway to speed it up?