1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

not important just curious.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trying to make, Jan 23, 2005.

1. trying to make

trying to make Member

When i picked up my truck with the new Boss plow,I drove home every thing seemed all wright.I dropped the plow off where I store it.Later that night I was driving my truck and I went to turn my lights on.I had running lights but no head lights.I was pi$$ed off.I pulled over and in the corner of my eye I saw a switch I had never seen before. It said truck lights plow lights.problem solved.Now up until now I have only used western plows,and none of them had a switch like this.Do any of the other plow manufactures use this setup.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The Arctic plows also use this switch. At first I did not like it but you will get used to it. I believe there is far less to go wrong as we do not have the relays and module box that other plows do. With the Arctic it only costs $60 to change the wiring harness to another brand of truck.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Well first off your plow installer failed you by not giving you a thourough pre delivery inspection and overall operation of the plow and everything that was installed. Second I love having the headlight switch for my Boss plow because at times l like to just run with the fog lights and running lights on.
  4. trying to make

trying to make Member

yes you are right.My installer did not give me any info on this plow.But what do you expect.they dont only sell plows,But they do snow removal also.I have one of theire contracts from last year.Oops I did not know.And I do like the switch also,just would have been nice to know.