1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not happy!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by firelwn82, Nov 9, 2006.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Had a new 810 installed on my truck Wednesday. Get home from work today and dismount plow and light tower. Get in it a couple of hours later to go get some food. Truck is running like crap, lights dimming, Battery Volts going up and down, check engine-abs and battery light flashing on and off. Drive around the corner and it acts like its missing. Hesitating like crazy. So I mat it spits and sputters and then takes of and runs awsome, stop at a stop sign and it happens all over again.
    Does any one have a clue what the heck is going on? Maybe Jerre could chime in on this. This has never ever happened before. The truck is a 97 old body F-250 351 V-8.
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Check all you wire leads. Make sure grounds are tights and connections at the battery. It's a start.
  3. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Look for a bad or loose connection between your battery and alternator. It may run better with more RPMs because the alternator is putting out more current. Check both battery terminals.
  4. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

If it did not do this before you had the plow installed, and it does it after you have the blade installed , then i would take it back to who ever installed it and have them look at what they played around with when they installed it. sound reasonable?

If they do not want to check it then go thru all the connections, my fear is if you play with it now they might say YOU did something to mess it up and then they will not cover you if they have more then A tailight guarrente.
  5. ParksLandscaping

ParksLandscaping Member

Who installed it?

6. firelwn82

D&G Equiptment in Howel. Did not have a problem with hesitaion today, just starting. Oh and the horn doesn't work. Nothing should have been touched with the horn, I don't think.
  7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

take it back
  8. firelwn82

Thats what I'm thinkin. Tommorow there going to be getting an ear full from a very un happy customer. payup
  9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Take that truck and plow back and park it in front of their door....NOW!! If you wait, it could damage something else! Dont touch a thing! :nod:
  10. firelwn82

Havent and wont touch a damn thing. If I wanted to touch it I would have done it myself.
  11. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

D&G is right around the corner from me. only been there once a couple years ago, walked in asked where the 2-cycle oil is and said it was for my echo650 blower and then they told me that blower isnt 2-cycle :dizzy:
  12. firelwn82

Lovely. I guess I should have spent the extra money and went to Parks. Sorry Dave thought I was getting a deal.
  13. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Horn's easy, they forgot to plug it back in when doing the turn signal tap in, sputtering and bad running? well as said above loose ground, pos term, location of plow ground ( should be battery ), fuse tap in in fuse box location. These are starts. At first I though you were going to say it was a cheve. They are notorious for having to reprogram / relearn the computer after long battery disconnect.

14. firelwn82

Thanks Jerre. Should I wait to mess with any of this stuff or should I investigate? I dont want to void the warranty at all.
  15. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Honestly, I'd check the battery connections and the alternator connection. Make sure the plow ground is to the battery. IF it is and everything is tight then take it back. Strange things can happen. Had a Cheve last year that saw capacatance / wire flux from the power wire running parallel with the computer wire. Funny things happened with it/ As far as the horn. Look down between battery and core support and check to see if wires un hooked if they are hook them up.

There's not alot to go wrong with the truck you have.

16. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Fire I would try to figure it out or at least check it out why its doing what it is. You wont be able to call a tech at 2 am with 4 inches on the ground and you will be down and standing in line when the repair shop opens.
  17. firelwn82

Ok so went to dealer yesterday to drop my buddies truck off for install. Told them about the problems I had. They came out and looked at it. The horn was unplugged they reatached. Told them about the starting issue, they told me to go through and find a loose power or ground wire. I looked at him in complete discust. Made sure I heard correctly what he just said, I heard him right. I then asked him why the wire for the controller and light switch didn't follow the fender to the firewall and through. Instead it just goes from the core support over the motor through the firewall. Looks freakin rediculous. He told me that his guy must have ran out of wire. "Blizzard only gives us some much wire lead" I flew the koo koo nest. Told him that was crap, So why don't you have extra wire to make it right. "Thats not our job to make it Pretty"
    So today I went to get my buddies truck Same 810 install Just he has a 2004 F-350. Freaking amazing, wires are clean and tucked away nice and neat. He has a Blizzard Sticker on the truck mount side and the Hydro. cover. No big deal But the wires being nice and neat to me is a HUGE deal to me. The 2004 nose is longer than my 97 hood also. Its amazing they had enough wire for this install but not mine. I'm seriously contemplating calling Blizzard and just going off about this install. Completly a Half assed job on the dealers part.

OH SO VERY PISSED at the moment. Them telling me that its my job to find the loose connection blew my mind, and the wire thing toppped the cake.

18. Ding

Ding Member

I have had a lot of experience with D & G through the years. In my opinion the Howell store is a very poorly run location and is not a very good indication of the original D & G stores in Mason and Williamston where they sell a lot of large agricultural equipment.

I would say that at least half the time I have had issues with work the Howell store has done. Several of these items involved serious safety issues such as chainsaws flying apart and zero-turn mowers locking in gear.

However, they are buying up everybody else around so I still get parts from them becasue I have to. I do a lot of my own work now because you just cannot find places that do reputable work anymore in this area. We are being city-fied whether we like it or not out here.
  19. firelwn82

I have also delt with D&G myself for the last 4 yrs. Waterford and Milford stores. First and last time with the Howell store. :yow!: :dizzy: :gunsfiring: :realmad:
  20. truckie36

truckie36 Member

What is the truck doing or not doing regarding the starting problem?