1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not Good, Plow Accident

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jjklongisland, Feb 25, 2008.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

My prayers go out to there family. That driver is going to have to live with that offal site for the rest of his life.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Steve, You said what i was going to lol
  4. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

Holy crap, they had no chance with where the plow it the car. My prayers for everyone involved.
  5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

wow. thats terrible. i agree totally
  6. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

wow, thats just terrible.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

wow...wasnt the plow trucks fault but still not a situation i would want to be in
  8. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

wow that is just aweful. What was the exact cause besides it saying she lost control? Was she trying to pass the truck? I saw so many accidents this past storm we had, thankfully none as bad.
  9. jjklongisland

State Police From New Lebanon Investigated A Fatal Auto
    Accident That Occurred 3-27pm On State Rt. 20 In The Town Of
    New Lebanon , Columbia County , 40 Year Old Brenda G. Freeman
    Formerly Of Hudson Ny And Recently Residing In Schenectady
    Ny Was Operating Her 2000 Hyundai Sedan Westbound On Rt 20
    Near The Lebanon Valley Speedway When She Lost Control On
    The Snow Covered Road And Spun Into The Path Of A Columbia
    County Dpw Snowplow Dumptruck Which Was Plowing The
    Eastbound Lane Freeman Was Extricated By The Lebanon
    Valley Protective Assn Fire & Rescue Squad, She Was
    Transported To Albany Medical Center Where She Died As A
    Result Of Her Injuries. State Route 20 Was Closed For Over 3
    Hours .( This Is The Second Fatal Accident State Police Investigated This Week Involving A Car And Dump Truck In Columbia County)
  10. scitown

scitown Senior Member

Im not sure if they had to hose down the car but look at the road surface it looks like a sheet of ice. I not only feel for the family of the passenger(s) in the car but the driver of the truck. Noway to stop that truck in a hurry. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.
  11. jjklongisland

By the looks of it, there wasnt much snow on the ground and the on coming lanes look like they were allready plowed. I am sure he was probably speed plowing the shoulder... I dont think they hosed down the car, If you look at some of the other pics looks like the heat from the parked emergency vehicles and Hurst tool generator heated up the snow on the ground surface. I am sure they were on scene for a while. Our departments S.O.P. is to have a charged booster line in place whenever there are Hurst Tool operations in case of an ignition from sparking especially if there is leaking fuel but I dont see one on the pictures...
  12. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Just speculation, but I would guess she went wide when she saw the plow coming and lost control in the slush and slop at the edge of the road. A horrible tragedy. It's scary how far that car got impeded into the plow. I wonder how fast she was going. Just horrible!
  13. jjklongisland

That does make sense, especially since that Hyandia is pretty light, if she get did into some slop on the should it could have sent her out of control... I am sure the first reponders that arrived on scene are going to be thinking about this one for a while. As a first responder you get kind of desensitized to alot of what you see cause its the only way to cope and perform your job but there are certain calls that I just cannot get out of my head and I am sure If I was at his scene this would be one of them... That plow made some penetration. You can see that the force was considerable and that the plow pushed back alot cause the drivers side bumper of the dot truck is pushed pass his front tire... It looks to me that speed played a factor. I dont know the speed limit of that road but I am sure during the weather conditions speed may have played a role...
  14. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

One more reason not to by a Hyundai...
  15. jjklongisland

Yeah, I am not a big fan of small foriegn cars either but I dont think the car would have made that much a difference. I have cut lots of people out of small cars regardless of make model etc, mass has alot do with with MVA's but, even if this car was an Impala I think the outcome may have been the same or even worse due to the mass behind a heavier car... That plow acted like a can opener...
  16. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I too feel bad for all involved, especially for the plow driver. Appearantly he was just minding his own business and doing his underpaid, overworked job!
  17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

And that's why my family does nor ride in a minivan or car. I am a big believer in bigger is better when it comes to vehicles.

Still too bad, though.
  18. firstclasslawnc

firstclasslawnc Junior Member

hooray, somebody else has the right colored fire trucks!!!!!
  19. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

If you would look closer you would see that the sun is not out, not giving the trucks enough time to properly ripen.

Fire trucks are red, Jon, I know the guys in Marne have some trouble with that, but someday they might figure it out.

And it isn't a fire truck if it doesn't have a Q.

Just accept it and you'll be better off in life. I'll make sure Ben works on you as well. I know he knows better.
  20. onemancrew

onemancrew Member
    from NW,IA

Thought and prayer with them.