1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not exactly trucks, but...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KMBertog, Nov 24, 2010.

1. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Guys

Thought I would show you how we get our crews ready to rock.

All of these lockers are specific to a crew. They contain gloves, extra socks, hats, etc for our shovel crew guys. Each locker has enough for the number of men that go to certain locations.

Keys to loaders/skidsteers at locations where we leave them on site are also inside the lockers for the crew.

Each has one snow vest per man as well. If you are caught not wearing your snow vest you don't get paid. Just thought I would share!

Until next time!

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Cool pics Keith. Are the lockers from a school or did you order them new at some point? I like the vests with your logo. The not getting paid part if they don't wear it, perfect! We have an area for employees to keep their stuff but they won't use it, don't know why, maybe it makes to much sense. They like to pile it into the trucks and forget it after work, much like all the food wrappers, soda cans, sunflower seed hulls... etc. :mad:
  3. KMBertog

Believe me, I know. The inside of my Jeep after I am done with my route is a disaster on the inside. Diet Coke cans.... Slim Jim wrappers..... Coffee cups..... :laughing:

We have had the lockers for years. I think we picked them up cheap at an auction or something. They must have been at a school at one point.

And yes, telling the guys that they WON'T BE PAID if they aren't WEARING THE VEST makes sure that they all are wearing one. Haven't had a problem with it since.
  4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Thats a great idea with the lockers and I like the vests, Good idea to make sure they are worn!
  5. KMBertog

Thank you! :waving:
  6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Great idea with the lockers. We have a similar system with totes. I'm digging the personalized vests though. You can never be safe enough.
  7. KMBertog

+1 on the kudos for the vests! We think they look great and safety is so important during the snow. Day or Night!
  8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

For some reason orginization to this extent doesn't come as a surprise coming from you guys, lookin good as always!
  9. KMBertog

Thanks Colin! :nod:
  10. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

I also like the vests and the no-pay policy
  11. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

im sure if you don't pay an employee for not wearing a vest a lawyer would have that check in the same conversation that he called.
  12. KMBertog

Everyone signs a contract before the season begins. They know the rules, and are legally obligated to obey the rules or they don't get paid. Haven't had an issue in the several years we have been using this system.