1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

not enough pay?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dubster23, Jan 28, 2005.

1. dubster23

dubster23 Junior Member

Was wondering what everyone thought a person should get paid to run a truck you pay for(they just run my trucks)? Now keep in mind they get to collect on top of getting paid cash and get a 4 to 5 hour min. in case they show up and something happens(other day sat around and drank coffee/worked for a hour)? I see this type of question alot but would like some fresh input(area-$ amount). Just wanted to see if I'm being good to my guys? Thanks in advance!
  2. capital

capital Senior Member

That is a good questions, we pay $20.00 per hour to drive the trucks or work on a side walk crew or run a skid loader or pusher. On those guys who own their trucks and equipment we negotiate based on the property and what we expect from them.
  3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I pay my guys $20 an hr
  4. dubster23

dubster23 Junior Member

Do your guys get to collect UC on top of that pay? Do they get a min. amount of hours for showing up?
  5. I Dont Know

I Dont Know Junior Member

I make 25 bucks an hour to push snow in someone elses truck but I've been with the company for like 4 years now.