1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

not bad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jce4isu, Jan 22, 2007.

1. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

2 storms in 2 weeks both around 5in i was out 16hr sunday payup payup

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

16 hours for 5" of snow, thats crazy man.

3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

storms

same here jce4isu, i had 3 trucks from 3am till 9pm sunday removing snow and sanding.

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WOW thats a long time. Hope you plowed everything at least twice and some places three times being out that long

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i had to use my skid loader to remove snow from 4 parking lot at a apt building took time waiting for the truck to grt back from dumping

i aslo have 3 churches and 2 24hr burger kings that had to be done twice and 30 res prety much by hand my strait plow broke and the v sucks at back draging

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  6. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Wow......a whole 16 hours. I was out from 4 am Sunday til 1 am Monday morning.

7. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Just like Rodney Dangerfield you dont get no respect for your 16 hour day I guess. Now we will all get into who works harder and longer. Yippee, this should be fun.:dizzy:

8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Still the big 0 for Boston this YEAR :cry:

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

If I was a property owner, and it took 16 hours to be plowed after only a 5" snow fall I would be pissed. It sounds like its time for you to add more trucks to your route.

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I was out for 14 hrs. Started at 530 and made it home by 730. I was happy and a little tired.

11. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we had 5-6" here, took us 16 hrs too. i left a few plows set since the storm was mostly on a sunday and almost half of our accounts we closed or didn't open till noon. i worked 5 hours yesterday and one hour today by myself. i've put in around 40 plowing in the last ten days.

12. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we know who can wait and who can't. some of that time is spent "working with the storm" however you are right, i did get my azz chewed by two customers. should have had one more guy driving a truck.