1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not bad for free, but need some help

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by plowingkid35, Dec 13, 2011.

1. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

i got a whelen light bar and two smaller whelen LED lights today, but my light bar has two black wires neither has any color on them at all. I would like to know if i hook them up to a power source if i accidently hook it backwards if it will melt down my lights or which wire is ground and hot

2. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

I'd first take the cover off and see I could see which one was power and which one was ground or I would either take a in-line fuse to both of the wires and guess if you didn't want to take it apart.
  3. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Yeah the lens should come off with a few screws, should be easy to see what wire goes where. If you cant tell with the lens off, post a pic of the insides, I'm sure we can figure it out

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The whelen responder 2 has 4 screws for the outter dome and then there is another piece to take off to access where the opening for the cable to exit. There should be a red and black wire inside coming out of the power supply. Nice find for free. The whelen tir6s are nice leds. Let us know what you find once you take the dome off.

5. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Those are all good lights if they are working properly. I just found a bunch of lenses for those minibars last week but no amber. Believe just clear and red if you need one.
  6. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Very nice for free ! you'll have to show us some pics when you get them working and mounted to your truck.