1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not and ATV but...

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by chcav1218, Aug 25, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Does anyone plow or snowblow with their craftsman lawn tractor? I have my gf and my grandmothers driveway to clear and they're way to small for my chevy to drive down and then back drag. I was thinking i could just throw a used plow or blower on the mower and use that. What do you guys think?
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I don't see why not. I see hundreds of homeowners using their lawn tractors to clear snow whenever I'm out plowing so I think it's a proven method for minimal snow removal.
  3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

If you plow with the storm you should be ok. I had an old crapsman 6 speed with tire chains and it couldn't push much
  4. justwheelit

justwheelit Member

i have a 1989 crapsman gt6000 with a 48" blade, tire chains, and wheel weights it does pretty good, i use it to plow my driveway instead of my truck because my driveway is a mountain and the garage is at the bottom and i rather hit the garage with the lawn mower than my truck. the key to lawn mower plowing is chains and wheel weights without that they're worthless
  5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Enough with the "Crapsman" stuff, you will give Bob Villa a heart attasck with all this badmouthing! lol
  6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

But Bob Vila is my hero, One big thing....have you heard that every house that he worked on for the shows actually had REAL contractors come in and fix his mess ups! :nod:
  7. deere615

Don't get me wrong, I really like craftsman hand tools, rakes shovels etc. I just don't like there tractors and I am not a big fan of their power toold either
  8. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

hey deer615

hi deer615, I see you have a 360 with a 48" Cycle Country. I have a 350 wolverine and will be buying a 48 cycle country this week. Do you have a manual ift or electric? I'm leaning towards an electric lift.

9. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Not sure why your truck willnt work
  10. deere615

I brought it with the manual lift, used it and found it to annoying. So I brought a winch, deffinetly worth it in my opinion!
  11. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

i've got a craftsman rider with a 44" blower on it... throw's snow like a champ, but i got atv tires on it and about 100lbs of ballast mounted on the back of it... the only problem with riders is traction