1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not a way to start season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Willoscape, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Willoscape

Willoscape Junior Member

Well were all ready for the season, stop by the shop to pick up some things this morn. (sunday) and notice one of the trucks we have outside(which is for sale) is now missing the E-60. Not a good way to start the season. Thankfully we have a back up . That won't be going on as long as the trucks outside.
  2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Ya this is one my concerns with my new western... How do I secure it both on and off of the truck and not interfere with the Ultra Mount.....

Anybody have some idea's???
  3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your luck. Did you post the truck for sale in the used equipment forum? What type of truck is it? Where are you located at?
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Bad start to the season, Willoscape. Hope it's not a sign of things to come. I noticed this is your first post, but you registered four years ago. That's a long time lurking. Anyway, welcome to PS just in case you're really new around here :waving: .

Come to think of it, I don't think Plow Site was in existance in Oct, 2000. I was here at the start in May, 2001 when it formed from Lawn Site.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  5. Willoscape

Willoscape Junior Member

Truck is 1997 gmc 3/4 ton reg. cab Forest green 68K Fresh paint(to remove logo) and ready to plow MInus pump!! LOL will have new pump monday! Truck is just east of cleveland.Asking $9500 .
  6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

That goes to show how society is today. If someone wants something bad enough, they'll get it somehow. :(
  7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

do know that on the meyers we use the same pin locks like used on tow recervers. I have also cross drilled the nut on the bolt that holds the pump on and incerted a roll pin so it takes more then a wrench to remove it. Whe we have a blade on we drop it to the ground then take the slack out of the chain to make it harder to remove.

it is also known that if anybody tuches my stuff they will be missing a hand if I find out who it was.
  8. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your pump! :yow!: Hope you find that guy or at least the pump!
  9. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Thats why I keep the motion sensors on 24/7 and the s&w loaded up...too many people that don't respect what others have.
  10. mdd

mdd Member

keep an eye for it on ebay... i have been seeing alot from here in the cleveland area on there

i use a 5/8 trailor lock on mine instead of the bottom bolt, 20$ at autozone its a master lock stainless steel