1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not a Newby, but curious

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by The B, Jan 19, 2010.

1. The B

The B Junior Member

Just found that the Snoway section was down. Read that it was cut by their request(likely temporarily) . I hope it wasn't something I posted. I lost my cordless remote and was researching a new one on here and found that they are selling from &270 at Moose's in Hartford WI (where they are made) to $350 in Appleton Wi (i think at Wi body and hoist?) and found one here in Wausua at Mikes Truck Accessories for $179, but the guy said that the price went way up, but he honored it any way. Next time it will be $230 (Still a great price considering what others charge). John at Mike's was excellent and will get my future business. My big ? after talking to a buddy who is a Director of Public works in a small Village is that Boss puts auxiliarry switches on the plow unit to be used for mounting and dismounting the plow so that you don't have to get out with the cordless remote and risk being a dummy like me and setting it on the bumper to unhook the wires and then drive away and lose it! I wasn't picking on snoway by saying that they do it to make money on over priced replacement remotes. They can easily say that they don't put the switches there because it is not a safe place to stand while attaching and detaching the plows. (they should appreciate that excuse!) In there defense however, I have plowed with several Jeeps and plow combinations and found my current sno-way 22 series 6-8 model the best by far. It is a joy to plow with. If i were to do it all over again, I'd like to have a 7' model. Mine is on a 2003 Jeep Rubicon and with it fully angled, I tend to run over the snow a bit. I had a 7' meyer on a cj5 and it was perfect length. I may add some small wings to make it 7'3" or so since I need to push it a ways before dumping it any way and I think it will be perfect. Any thoughts?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Find a good welding shop and you will be fine. Make sure they brace it good.
    As far as Sno-Way pulling their forum....Kind of fishy smelling to me
    I like my Sno-Ways greatly but would never buy a new plow from them again. JMO

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the CJ5 had a shorter wheelbase and a shorter running radius then your 2003 Rubicon. I would suggest a 7'6", everything is the same on a 7'6" except the blade assembly. you could replace your moldboard or as you suggest make a set of extension wings to widen the blade. If you do make a set of wings do not make them any heavier or stronger then the existing unit, that's asking for trouble. I would give then a slight forward cant for windrow control.