1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not a good week

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJ Contracting, Feb 18, 2008.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Well this past week we had two storms and what started to look good turned very quickly, two drivers and two garage doors one cost $968.00 and the other $510.00 :cry:

New pictures 012.JPG

New pictures 013.JPG

New pictures 014.JPG

2. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Ouch....

I don't suppose the driver's have said, my mistake, I'll eat it? I did a little dent like that first picture when I was subbing for a buddy...I just paid up....

3. DJ Contracting

That little dent was the $968.00 door (commercial door) it was knocked off the track but was reinstalled before i was able to take the picture. My driver told me as soon as it happened and we put a call into the business at 8:00 AM to let them know it was us, the owner was very impressed with the quick notification and thanked us for letting them know and not trying to lie about it.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

sorry for the tough luck, that's why we need to charge well for our services..... if it makes you feel better i wrecked one of our trucks on the ice last night.... hit a light pole doing about 25mph

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I had a bad week too

2 spreaders in 2 days LOL

6. DJ Contracting

if you notice in the third pic the driveway was all ice under the snow.

7. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

we had it here to

Did they slide in to them?

8. DJ Contracting

In the first two the driver was looking at the wall next to him and forgot about the door and backed into it, and the other the drive got stuck and was trying to get out, well when the truck broke loose he couldn't stop and also backed into the door.

9. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I've yet to cause damage like that, but isn't that why we carry insurance, or were you better off eating the $1500 vs the increase in premiums?

10. DJ Contracting

Better off eating the cost than the increase my deductible is $1000.00 anyway so i figured i would submit a claim. this is the first time in ten years that we had any kind of damages like this.

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I was plowing a drive in a half done condo complex. I was doing a push forward and was going to back drag the pile. The plow tripped and I looked up in time to see a length of 2X4 launch into the garage door. It left a perfect impression of the end of a 2x4 a 1/2 inch deep in the brand new garage door. The contractor I worked for was not happy. Hey, sorry not my fault !