1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Not a good start

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by pipe76, Nov 9, 2006.

1. pipe76

pipe76 Junior Member
    from 06278

so, I got my new 22 series snoway installed on the TJ today and I am less than impressed. The blade routinely gets "stuck" angled one way or the other untill I get out and manually push it while running the wireless joystick. My even larger concern is when I press the down lever the blade imediately drops all the way to the ground (even if I pull back up on the stick before it hits). How am I supposed to drop the plow an inch or two while going down the road to get more air to the radiator? My 25 year old meyers may have been slow and rusty, but it never bound up and I could control the height with ease. I called the snoway factory and spoke with some "tech" person who told me the plow was designed to drop like that but it should stop when I attempt to raise it. He suggested that I spend more money on some valve that will slow the drop and allow me to lift up to stop the blade before it hits. Call me crazy, but after over $4,000 I don't think I should have to modify my plow to get it to work. Unfortunately I didn't realize the binding problem until I got off the phone. Please give me some reassurance that I didn't just waste my money on a POS.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I wish I could...

I just spent $3100 (got a $900 business discount) yesterday and if I had those problems, it would be back to the dealer.

But... you shouldn't be dropping the blade while traveling down the highway. Very easily could cause an accident. It should be "locked" into position.

My advice ... take it back and check it out before you leave the dealer.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

As mentioned the plow hydraulics are covered with a 2 year warranty. I would agree with Basher as it sounds as if the fluid level could be low. I would also recommend you take it back to the dealer and have it checked out. Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and you should not expect anything but the best from our products. Let us know how it turns out for you.