1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Nose dive?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dingo151, Oct 11, 2008.

1. dingo151

dingo151 Junior Member
    from Idaho

Hello,

What are you guys using to combat the ammount the front end sags when the plow is raised? I've got a 2002 2500 dsl and the front end drops quite a bit when I lift the plow.

Thanks
    Dean

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

timbrens and balast

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

timbrens, ballast, crank the t-bars up a bit.

4. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

No t-bars on a Dodge 2500. I use Timbrens and my salt spreader and a skid of salt as ballast. Added them last year and now I am wondering what to me so long to add them...
    It was a no brainer.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Ditto

but you doubted until you did. Amazing little peices of rubberwesport

:D

6. TEX

TEX Senior Member

you coult put a 1 or 2 inch level spacer on the front its easy to do.

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Would a leveler help w sagging though?

8. TEX

TEX Senior Member

its not going to fix anything except the height of the truck/bumper/plow mount. instead of looking super nose dive it will look "normal"

the fix would be a set of heaiver rated springs

9. Timbrens and ballast - or better yet - buy a Ford.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Oh are Ford timbrens cheaper?:jester:

11. NOTHING on a Ford is cheaper - but worth every penny.
    I have had every truck out there at some point or another - and nothing works as hard as a Ford. (don't get me wrong, the ONLY good ford is a F-series superduty - their passenger car line sucks and the vans are too light duty).

Hell, as long as I'm offending people, I also think WESTERN's are the best plow, the Beatles (and Pink Floyd) were the best bands, Lasagna is the best food, Becks is the best beer, and Charmin is the best toilet paper !

12. Matt L.

Matt L. Member

wow

Feel better now?:dizzy:

13. dingo151

dingo151 Junior Member
    from Idaho

Good god man, Just tell me what your opinon is I hate it when you sugar coat things.

So where's the best place to get a set of timbrens?

How much balast should I be running in the bed? (7.5 plow)

Thanks guys,

Dean

14. Any "respectable" plow sales/service shop will sell and install them - should be about $250-$275 including installation. Amount of ballast - depends on truck and blade - you need to know the GVW of the truck - the owners manual from your blade/plow will (should) tell you how much weight needed for ballast. Sorry - I don't mean to be vague, but several factors are needed to properly determine the lbs needed. (Don't forget to add your weight (driver and passenger if any) to the total to keep it accurate)

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Goes to show what you know.

now jump back in your fcuked over rebuilt Dodge and rattle back to the ford pages...

Everything about ford screams cheap you just pay more for it....

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No way, when your Ford Sihts the bed you need Northern Quilted.:jester:

17. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

There is a link at the top of this page on the left. Click it order you a set and install them like I did. Well worth it. ANd yes it took me a few years of sagging to finally buy them. I should have listened before.