1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northwest Indiana Snowplowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Aug 22, 2005.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

For those of you who use per inch pricing, where do you go to get your snow totals for a particular snowfall. Do you just Measure the snow everytime you arrive or just get the totals from a weather site, such as an local airport?

This year I will be bidding a couple of commercial accounts and a some of them want per inch pricing.

I just want to be clear on this, Ive mostly plowed drivways before so please bare with me.

Per push pricing-- A set price for clearing the lot each time you arrive. More snow equals more visits at the same set price. NO discounts for cleanups

Per Inch pricing-- A set price for certain inch increments. This pricing would be good for places that dont want much snow accumulated on their property? Using the per push price for the above mentioned would probably be to expensive for the customer? For this pricing I was thinking of using

Trigger - 4" xx.xx
    4" - 8" xx.xx plus half of Trigger - 4 "
    8" - 12" Double Trigger - 4 "

Anyone care to tackle this one?

Thanks
    John

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Hey John! I thought you were gonna plow for me again this year :D

If you are plowing, say, a grocery store and the manager says to clear the lot after every 2" of fresh accumulation, you should charge for pushing 2" and charge the same amount for every subsequent 2". If it snows 6" than you bill out for 2" of snow X 3 pushes.

If accumulation isn't a big issue and you can let the snow build up than it would go on a scale like you listed. Personally, I use a 2" - 6", 7" - 9", 10" - 12", and then the blizzard clause. The blizzard clause is used for a predicted snowfall of 12" and over and I charge $XXX.XX per truck per hour.

Pretty much what you listed in your post is right on the money.

3. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

We do Plow Meister's second option (tiered based on what is on the deck) (and WE do the measuring) here in sunny central Indiana.

4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

PS. If you guys have interest in Magic Salt let me know. Fall is a lovely time to come visit!

5. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Chris,

Just waiting for the phone call for that beer. Doubt Ill get much big stuff over here, way to many mom and pop jobs who love to undercut prices :realmad: . Most of my new jobs are from new lawn care customers and are only driveways. Im submitting some bids for a private road in a new subdivision and 2 small parking lots. Well see what happens.

Dont forget about me, My offer is still good to sb for ya. Good to see ya on here again!

John

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005