1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Northwest Indiana Estimating...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by o'snow patrol, Oct 4, 2009.

1. o'snow patrol

o'snow patrol Junior Member

I am new to snowplowing. Have done work with residential homes for my family and friends but would like to take it to the next level and start doing it as a business. Have a 2004 F-250 with a 7.5' boss straight plow. What is the going rate for our area and is there anyone who is looking for subs and/or would have any advice for me to get my business started the right way?

2. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

I work in this area and hour rates are about $75 an hour give or take. and subs make $45-55 depending on factors.

3. o'snow patrol

Awesome. thank you for that. Is there a reference that you use to look at the predicted snowfall we will have this year? I've followed the Farmer's Almanac but was wondering if there was anything else that you had looked at that has worked well for you? Thanks again.

4. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

Tough to say as it's a crapshoot.

If your looking for work as a sub I may have a little extra work to throw your way, since you cant pm, you can e-mail me at areaplow@hotmail.com

5. o'snow patrol

that sounds great. I just sent you an email regarding this...have you met anyone else on here from our area?